New shop snake part 2

Page 1 of 4
He still sleeps. http://tomeshew.spaces.live.com /

Can't tell from the picture. Is that a small diamondback?

About 2-plus feet. I just gently evicted him out into the sunshine. The old snake we had around here unfortunately got caught up in a rat trap kept in another corner. Looks like I'll have to establish a rapport with the new guy.
tom wrote:

You're a braver or crazier man than I to willingly share shop space with a rattler.
tom wrote:

Guess he'll take care of the mice. :-)
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

So does this: <http://www.teksupply.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId 053&storeId001&langId=-1&division=TekSupply&productId855>
plus this: <http://www.teksupply.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId 053&storeId001&langId=-1&division=TekSupply&productId9758>
... and they won't inject neurotoxins into your bloodstream if you reach into the wrong place at the wrong time.

Rob Leatham

Could also take care of you: see http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=18195920 or your other critters.
Best is a good ratter live pushstick. You could also train a dog, use that cute pink thing you just linked to, or a pellet gun.
Luigi
Mark & Juanita wrote:

<http://www.teksupply.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId 053&storeId001&langId=-1&division=TekSupply&productId855>
<http://www.teksupply.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId 053&storeId001&langId=-1&division=TekSupply&productId9758>
Yeah, but you can't give those a cute little name and get attached to them.
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

<http://www.teksupply.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId 053&storeId001&langId=-1&division=TekSupply&productId855>
<http://www.teksupply.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId 053&storeId001&langId=-1&division=TekSupply&productId9758>
Not that I'd give a rattler a cute little name and get attached to it either. Unless of course, "Seven pieces" counts as a cute name

Rob Leatham
On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 22:20:28 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

Rattlesnakes are hemotoxic. Only the coral snake is neurotoxic in the US.

Larry Blanchard wrote:

According to this, we are both right: <http://wc.pima.edu/~bfiero/tucsonecology/animals/venom.htm
"... rattlesnakes often have both hemolytic and neurotoxic elements in their venom"

Rob Leatham
On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 22:05:04 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

Interesting. Now that you've jogged my sometimes faulty memory, I seem to remember an article from several years ago that mentioned neurotoxins found in some rattlesnake venom. It (IIRC) said this was something new and was either an evolutionary change or the result of some crossbreeding. OTOH, it may just have been the result of better lab work.
I also found it interesting that there is a western variety of coral snake. I was taught there was only the one native to Florida and southern Georgia. We live and learn. Thanks for the info.

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

================================= In the SFWIW category, there is a rattlesnake here in the high desert country of SoCal that apparently has a unique venom.
Standard anti-venom injections don't work.
As a result, there are a few E/R's in the community that keep more than one anti-venom in stock.
Lew
Paul O.
"Larry Blanchard" < snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
"Paul" wrote:

Sounds like the same snake I was referring to in my earlier post.
If you expect to survive the bite, you have to be lucky enough to be quick and get to an E/R which has the right serum according to the local news.
Lew

Hmm, I'm even gladder I live in the UK.
tom wrote:

A new kind of push stick! :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Nope, snakes take care of the mice, therefore, there's no downside of using cats for pushsticks....
Brought to you by people eating tasty animals
jc
Joe wrote:

Hmm, I think I'd rather have a cat to take care of the mice... I wouldn't want to walk into my shop and have that thing snap me on the leg.