New Senco PC1005 Compressor

This week I purchased a Senco PC1005 compressor. I want to post my experience with the product since I was not able to find much in this group on the product.

I wanted a small shop compressor mainly for brad/finish nailing, occasionally support a framing nailer, and quiet. I tried a Porter-Cable oil-free pancake from Lowes (before I knew about oil-free) which worked great, but was way too loud. I found out about the Senco PC1010 in this group, but wanted something a little bigger.

The Senco PC1005 has a 2.5 gallon tank and an oil-lubed 1hp motor. The unit is small and quiet and well built. According to Senco, the sound level is around 75dba. Much better than the 92dba for the Porter-Cable. For reference the PC1010, which is the compressor that comes with the Brad Nailer/Compressor was rated at around 66dba.

With a brad nailer at 100psi I get 18 shots before the compressor turns on to recover. With a framing nailer the same pressure, I get 6 shots. I recommend this compressor to anyone with similar needs.

Reply to
matt.aversano

Would you mind telling us what you paid for it or at least where you bought it?

Reply to
Dick Snyder

oil-free)

I paid $169.99 at Tart Lumber in Sterling, VA. You can get this compressor for $149.99 online.

Reply to
matt.aversano