New season of NYW

3886$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com...

What was that? A Zebco 3? 20 # test? Medium action graphite? I'm always willing to learn.

Reply to
Robatoy

It would be fun for a while, but after a time it becomes just another job. Traveling is very enjoyable on your own terms, much less so on someone else's schedule. Dinner with friends is fun, dinner with some egotistical loud mouthed bastard that controls the checkbook is much less so. I've done plenty of trade shows and they can be a lot of work, especially when everyone else knows a "better" tool, method, whatever and can get it cheaper. One airport with delays is as good as the next airport with delays.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

So Leon, I hope the hood[k] didn't hurt too much when I reeled you in. ;~)

Of course I know where it is. I'm just trying to keep the counsel. But thanks for the "of all people" nod.

Reply to
LRod

What was that? A Zebco 3? 20 # test? Medium action graphite? I'm always willing to learn.

Carrot Stick

Reply to
Leon

LOL, I was wondering when some one would find that type-o. I never felt a thing.

You are welcome!

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote

Now you're talking!

Reply to
Swingman

I am sorry if I offended you. Unfortunatly I didn't see your intent. BTW: I forgot about the time required to make the prototype of whatever. This time comes out of the three prep days. Still I have enjoyed watching Norm and the gang for over 25 years. I have also learned a lot from him.

Dave

Reply to
David G. Nagel

Travel anymore pretty much sucks. First there is dealing with getting through security without losing one's virginity. Then you get to wait through the flight delays. Finally, there is the joy of sharing your personal space with 150 of your closest friends. Oh, I also forgot the expansive legroom. If you are a 4 foot nothing short person. That feeling is intensified if you are one of the lucky ones who gets a middle seat. Between two people who are much larger than their own seats. At least one of whom either ran through the airport to get to the plane, didn't have time to bathe that morning, or just bought an onion-loaded Bologna sandwich at one of the airport quick-stops.

Yep, traveling is a real blast. Especially for work, where the canned statement thanking you for selecting the lowest cost provider (like you have a choice).

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

What's security?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Alright, in your situation, flying is probably still a blast. However, you probably have an issue going coast to coast. Hmm, for close-in trips it could be pretty nice.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

No offense taken Dave, I have a some what dry sense of humor and a lot of my comments can be taken either way. IMHO Norm is an institution, he is probably more responsible than any one for bringing woodworking into more homes.

Reply to
Leon

New Yankee Workshop "Discounting VHS Tapes?"

I'll betcha. Don't they have them on DVD by now?

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

But in the back of his head he's going "These people are paying me to make stuff for my house, and show off how I did it, and then edit it so I never make a mistake. BWAHAHAA! I have the best job ever."

I think his house is just full of crap by now.

-Kevin

Reply to
LEGEND65

After all he IS the second most famous carpenter in history!!!!

Reply to
David G. Nagel

That's why they are discounting the VHS tapes. While they last.

Reply to
David G. Nagel

And you get a "measured drawing"! :-)

Actually, I ordered the door episode and the Shaker Bookshelf episodes to get the drawings. It's not a bad deal at $12.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

The VHS tapes or the players? :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Tapes, you provide the player....

Reply to
David G. Nagel

My comment was in regards to the "while they last". I know my VHS players have pretty much all gone to that great entertainment center in the sky.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Reply to
David G. Nagel