New season of NYW

The 2009 season of New Yankee Workshop is about to happen.

From the website:

Reply to
mjmwallace

Reruns?? Reruns?? That is what is presently playing on cable. 4, 352 episodes of Nahm, over and over and over again!!

So what is a 26 episode compilation?? Distilled rerruns?? It sounds like a bad soup de jour at a greasy spoon diner. I'm getting indigestion already.

I guess these means one of three things. Nahm is taking an extended vacation. Or Nahm quit and they haven't found anybody to replace him. Or they decided to see how much money they can make without actually producing any new product.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

The latter, one would think. A gray hair Nahm introduces the rerun. A younger Nahm without DT's performs unspeakable atrocities to large piles of perfectly good wood, using normal sized Delta stationary tools and PC handholdables.

Reply to
MikeWhy

When I met Norm a few years ago at Sturbridge Village he mentioned that he was looking forward to winding down and having more time for himself and his wife... He's had a long run between the two shows, books, woodworking shows, etc. Good for him!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Well, since my PBS station can't ever manage to actually show more than one episode at the same time on consecutive weeks, this just means I won't be annoyed that I didn't see it. So I see it as an improvement.

-Kevin

Reply to
LEGEND65

I agree and I don't have a problem with it. I would imagine it is difficult to keep fresh creativity going. I saw the rerun on his entrance door and as a result ordered the tape of the show with a "measured drawing". They are discounting the VHS tapes if you are interested. I think I will check on the Shaker glass door bookshelf he built. :-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

U'd think a 30 minute work week 14 weeks out of the year would give him enough free time. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

On Jan 22, 3:06=A0pm, "Lee Michaels" wrote: [snipped for brevity] =A0

BINgO!

Reply to
Robatoy

Kind of like the preacher who only works 1 hour per week, eh? :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Leon;

You obviously have absolutely no concept of what goes into making one of these 30 minute wonders. It takes about three 8 to 10 hour days to plan what is going to be taped and another two 8 to 10 hour days to tape it.

Dave N

Reply to
David G. Nagel

I'm thinking Leon was being funny. Like my comment after his.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Same kind of job too... catering to the followers... ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

"David G. Nagel" wrote

And you "obviously have absolutely no concept of" the word 'facetious', or recognize when it bites you in the butt ... look it up.

Reply to
Swingman

age

*still chuckling at Leon's facetiousness*

Just the time to babysit the frickin' sponsors would drive a guy like Norm nuts. They want you to make appearances to shill their tools/glues/stains... that is *IF* you want to keep their 'contributions' coming in. No contributions, no show. And those 'generous' sponsors all think they know a little about show- biz and production values. And they all have a girlfriend that thinks she can sing. It's a frickin' jungle out there. The quicksand all around poor Norm. He might like a stain from MinWax WAY better than the one that is made by the show's sponsor, but he can't say anything, to anybody, anywhere, any time. And that deep dark secret eats him up, next thing you know, he starts to talk funny.

Reply to
Robatoy

*still chuckling at Leon's facetiousness*

Just the time to babysit the frickin' sponsors would drive a guy like Norm nuts. They want you to make appearances to shill their tools/glues/stains... that is *IF* you want to keep their 'contributions' coming in. No contributions, no show. And those 'generous' sponsors all think they know a little about show- biz and production values. And they all have a girlfriend that thinks she can sing. It's a frickin' jungle out there. The quicksand all around poor Norm. He might like a stain from MinWax WAY better than the one that is made by the show's sponsor, but he can't say anything, to anybody, anywhere, any time. And that deep dark secret eats him up, next thing you know, he starts to talk funny.

I'm sure Norm doesn't mind putting in appearances for tool sponsors, or WW shows if the price is right. It's all gravy or icing on the cake for him. He gets his expenses paid for and is whined and dined and probably takes his wife with him most of the time. What a life!!

Reply to
Joe

Keeping that secret is nothing compared to keeping close to the vest the location of the shop...

Reply to
LRod

Ooooo... we don't know where it is??? Innnnnterestingggg

Reply to
Robatoy

So Dave, I hope the hood didn't hurt too much when I reeled you in. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Of all the people! I found it by using Google Earth and using New Yankee Workshop as a destination. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Morash Associates, Lexington, MA? Need to get boots on the ground for an up close recon. Morash Associates is a co-producer of the show.

Reply to
MikeWhy