New Sears laminate top router table

I see by an ad we received that Sears is selling a new laminate top router table for ~$150 on their Craftsman Club sale.

Anyone examined one of these and have an opinion vs. comparable units?

Reply to
GRL

Only thing I've seen so far is the photo in the brochure. A few things you want to make note of though, when you do take a look at it.

How big is the table? The metal table is limited in that the fence can be set only a couple of inches back from the bit. If you want to groove a wide board, it could not be done.

How is the fence adjusted and held in place? Can the fence face be replaced? Can featherboards or stops be mounted to the fence? Can it be upgraded later if you want to add a router lift? Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

I have recently purchased tools and have considered Sears. I was surprised to see how high the pricing was on some of the items.

D.Martin

Reply to
D. Martin