New SawStop video

Page 2 of 2
On 2/20/2012 2:34 PM, Jack wrote:

Oh yeah, It was funny. ;~)
On 2/20/2012 4:06 PM, Leon wrote:

The funny part of the video was Gass trying to say he actually gives a damn about your fingers. Well, I guess that was pretty funny. Also Bob Adler of consumer products safety commission was pretty freaking funny when he imagined the government being "all knowing and extremely comforting and nice".
Well, that wasn't so funny. I wanted to either puke or punch the dumb ass in the nose, more like both.
--
Jack

I have to wonder if it was a paid advertisement. One way to get your product in front of the masses eh?
On 2/20/2012 6:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Possible, scum sucking lawyers like Gass will stop at nothing to make themselves rich. Fine woodworking sent the video to everyone on their mailing list, so money was flowing I'd bet.
--
Jack
On 2/19/12 3:38 PM, Dave wrote:

do you guys not have google? :-p
http://www.hulu.com/watch/329024/the-colbert-report-people-who-are-destroying-america-sawstop
--

-MIKE-

It's not a problem of finding the website or the show, it's playing it from outside the US, just as I guessed.
Message displayed this time: We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States. For more information on Hulu's international availability, click here.
I'm sure I could find it online somewhere, but I have a decent idea of what the clip was about from the still images I saw.
On 2/19/12 8:48 PM, Dave wrote:

Do you get Youtube outside the US? Or any of the other half-dozen sources that showed up on google?
--

-MIKE-

Of course we get Youtube. As I stated, I'm sure if I looked around I could find it, but I'm no longer inclined much to do so.
On 2/19/12 9:06 PM, Dave wrote:

But at one point you were. Which is why I wondered why you didn't just google in the same amount of time it took to post on here asking, "What did it show?"
--

-MIKE-

You're worse that a dog with a bone. I did Google it initially and kept getting the same message essentially saying the feed was not available outside the United States. All, I've been able to view so far is some still images.
In fact, I've Googled it more extensively now and I'm still getting the same message. I'm starting to think that my ISP or Rogers who supplies the feed to my ISP is blocking it system wide.
Get another ISP. Everybody else can see it.
---------- "Dave" wrote in message

You're worse that a dog with a bone. I did Google it initially and kept getting the same message essentially saying the feed was not available outside the United States. All, I've been able to view so far is some still images.
In fact, I've Googled it more extensively now and I'm still getting the same message. I'm starting to think that my ISP or Rogers who supplies the feed to my ISP is blocking it system wide.
Geeez Dave. What browser do you use? Maybe you have to uninstall that Forte Agent crap first?
-------- "Dave" wrote in message

It's not a problem of finding the website or the show, it's playing it from outside the US, just as I guessed.
Message displayed this time: We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States. For more information on Hulu's international availability, click here.
I'm sure I could find it online somewhere, but I have a decent idea of what the clip was about from the still images I saw.
It shows a dumb Canadian sawing his parts off and is restricted to other countries.
----------- "Dave" wrote in message

I can go to the website, but the clip is unavailable now, at least for me anyway. What did it show?
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:34:11 -0600, Steve Barker

It was still publicity though. You can't buy that kind of exposure.
"Steve Barker" wrote in message
On 2/19/2012 10:25 AM, Leon wrote:

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/45040/stephen-colbert-takes-the-sizzle-out-of-sawstop/?&lookup=auto&V18=&V19=&V20=&V21=&V22=&V23=&V24=&V25=&V26=&V53=&V54=&Taun_Per_Flag=true&utm_source=email&utm_medium=eletter&utm_term=tablesaw-safety-controversy&utm_content 120218-sawstop-spoof-stephen-colbert&utm_campaign=fine-woodworking-eletter

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter and as a spoof. ==============================================================================================================To bad it was presented as what it was supposed too be? Let me guess. You lead the "War on humor.
Video was pulled or restricted from my area!
Somebody was offended.
----------- "Leon" wrote in message
Now this is funny, I don't care who you are.
http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/45040/stephen-colbert-takes-the-sizzle-out-of-sawstop/?&lookup=auto&V18=&V19=&V20=&V21=&V22=&V23=&V24=&V25=&V26=&V53=&V54=&Taun_Per_Flag=true&utm_source=email&utm_medium=eletter&utm_term=tablesaw-safety-controversy&utm_content 120218-sawstop-spoof-stephen-colbert&utm_campaign=fine-woodworking-eletter

That was great-thanks for sharing!!!!!