New SawStop video

Now this is funny, I don't care who you are.

Leon

you for that! Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter and as a spoof.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Do you know who Steven Colbert is, or his show? The whole show is spoof and the laughter isn't canned, it's the live studio audience.

Reply to
-MIKE-

no, i'm not familiar with him. But the laughter distracts from the seriousness of the thing. Like I said, it's a shame it was presented this way.

Reply to
Steve Barker

I didn't think it was funny either. But probably 98% of the people watching and laughing don't own a table saw. As far as the people writing, I don't know whether they have a political agenda or not.

Reply to
Bill

>>>excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter and >as a spoof.

It was still publicity though. You can't buy that kind of exposure.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

My guess is yes, they do. It may have been a put up to get some attention. Write your congressman and tell him how we need this safety device.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On 2/19/2012 2:31 PM, Steve Barker wrote: ...

Well, if you were expecting a serious report from that source, you'll have better odds in converting the Pope. It just ain't a'gonna' happen; not what he's about.

Reply to
dpb

It's the only way he presents anything. The laughter is the point. Google: satire.

Ironically, you're missing the fact that more people will be informed about this product and more awareness brought to the "issue" by this means than by anything preceding it.

Reply to
-MIKE-

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:25:11 -0600, -MIKE-

I can go to the website, but the clip is unavailable now, at least for me anyway. What did it show?

Reply to
Dave

Dave, Curious, just tried again and the link still works for me. Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:09:33 -0800, "Kerry Montgomery"

When I go to the website and click on the clip it states.

"Unvailable from your location". Possibly some type of copy write protection, Canadian obscenity laws or something else similarly ridiculous. Not a big thing I guess.

Reply to
Dave

Really? do we really need *more* nanny laws?

Reply to
ChairMan

LMMFAO!! right! More gubmint control. just what we need.

Reply to
Steve Barker

do you guys not have google? :-p

-MIKE-

Try this

$sGAt7J8Q.Ari9kwQO/sawstop-34

Reply to
Leon

Oh, Ed. Just go pay your (what, 3.5 grand now?) money and get your saw and leave the rest of us alone. Don't get the fidiots in CONgress involved!

-- The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Won't do any good - Congress is not in the loop.

The decision rests entirely on the whim of unelected bureaucrats.

Reply to
HeyBub

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:39:23 -0600, -MIKE-

from outside the US, just as I guessed.

Message displayed this time: We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States. For more information on Hulu's international availability, click here.

I'm sure I could find it online somewhere, but I have a decent idea of what the clip was about from the still images I saw.

Reply to
Dave