New SawStop video

Page 1 of 2
Now this is funny, I don't care who you are.
http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/45040/stephen-colbert-takes-the-sizzle-out-of-sawstop/?&lookup=auto&V18=&V19=&V20=&V21=&V22=&V23=&V24=&V25=&V26=&V53=&V54=&Taun_Per_Flag=true&utm_source=email&utm_medium=eletter&utm_term=tablesaw-safety-controversy&utm_content 120218-sawstop-spoof-stephen-colbert&utm_campaign=fine-woodworking-eletter

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/45040/stephen-colbert-takes-the-sizzle-out-of-sawstop/?&lookup=auto&V18=&V19=&V20=&V21=&V22=&V23=&V24=&V25=&V26=&V53=&V54=&Taun_Per_Flag=true&utm_source=email&utm_medium=eletter&utm_term=tablesaw-safety-controversy&utm_content 120218-sawstop-spoof-stephen-colbert&utm_campaign=fine-woodworking-eletter
Leon, Thank you for that! Kerry
On 2/19/2012 10:25 AM, Leon wrote:

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/45040/stephen-colbert-takes-the-sizzle-out-of-sawstop/?&lookup=auto&V18=&V19=&V20=&V21=&V22=&V23=&V24=&V25=&V26=&V53=&V54=&Taun_Per_Flag=true&utm_source=email&utm_medium=eletter&utm_term=tablesaw-safety-controversy&utm_content 120218-sawstop-spoof-stephen-colbert&utm_campaign=fine-woodworking-eletter

excellent video, too bad it was presented with the canned laughter and as a spoof.
--
Steve Barker
On 2/19/12 12:34 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

Do you know who Steven Colbert is, or his show? The whole show is spoof and the laughter isn't canned, it's the live studio audience.
--

-MIKE-

On 2/19/2012 2:18 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

no, i'm not familiar with him. But the laughter distracts from the seriousness of the thing. Like I said, it's a shame it was presented this way.
--
Steve Barker
Steve Barker wrote:

I didn't think it was funny either. But probably 98% of the people watching and laughing don't own a table saw. As far as the people writing, I don't know whether they have a political agenda or not.

My guess is yes, they do. It may have been a put up to get some attention. Write your congressman and tell him how we need this safety device.

Really? do we really need *more* nanny laws?
On 2/19/2012 3:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

LMMFAO!! right! More gubmint control. just what we need.
--
Steve Barker

Oh, Ed. Just go pay your (what, 3.5 grand now?) money and get your saw and leave the rest of us alone. Don't get the fidiots in CONgress involved!
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Won't do any good - Congress is not in the loop.
The decision rests entirely on the whim of unelected bureaucrats.
On 2/19/2012 2:31 PM, Steve Barker wrote: ...

Well, if you were expecting a serious report from that source, you'll have better odds in converting the Pope. It just ain't a'gonna' happen; not what he's about.

On 2/19/12 2:31 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

It's the only way he presents anything. The laughter is the point. Google: satire.
Ironically, you're missing the fact that more people will be informed about this product and more awareness brought to the "issue" by this means than by anything preceding it.
--

-MIKE-

I can go to the website, but the clip is unavailable now, at least for me anyway. What did it show?

Dave, Curious, just tried again and the link still works for me. Kerry
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:09:33 -0800, "Kerry Montgomery"

When I go to the website and click on the clip it states.
"Unvailable from your location". Possibly some type of copy write protection, Canadian obscenity laws or something else similarly ridiculous. Not a big thing I guess.
On 2/19/2012 4:30 PM, Dave wrote:

Try this
http://e.taunton.com/a/hBPP21BAri9kwB8f $sGAt7J8Q.Ari9kwQO/sawstop-34
I think this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTI-QsTAuTw&feature=related

and the others on the same page do more to promote woodworking safety.

OMG!
"Larry W" wrote in message
I think this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTI-QsTAuTw&feature=related

and the others on the same page do more to promote woodworking safety.

On 2/19/2012 5:30 PM, Dave wrote:

Not a big deal if you want gov't dick heads to tell you what you can and can't watch.
It was a spoof on either SS tech or ignorant dumb ass red necks that would rather cut off a finger than have some gov't dick head tell them what to do. It wasn't all that funny, more dumb than anything, I don't care who you are.
--
Jack