New saw.

I just made the first cut on my new Hitachi C10FL. Bought the saw a couple of days ago. Lked the saw but didn't care much for the fence.. Figured I would change that out eventually. Eventually came sooner than I had planed. Put the stock fence on and, to get the two halves of the rail to line up right, was going to require some shimming. I figured if I was going to go to that much trouble, I should just change the fence out now. Put a Vega on it. Looks like it will do the job.

if that's the saw I'm thinking of, it neatly divides the line between a portable and a stationary tool. seems well built, as is expected from hitachi.
Depends on what you call portable, I guess. At 265 pounds, I'm not planing on carrying it around much. This is the one. http://www.hitachipowertools.com/store_item.php?iID%0&arrPath=1,11,4,p250 ,# The only Hitachi tool I have ever been disappointed in is a horizontal machining center. We've had one for about six years and it has had more service calls in that time than our 20 year old Matsuura. Think we got a lemon. Has to happen.
wrote:

couple
planed.
up