New Rigid Portable Table Saw, How to add Router?

I just purchased a new Rigid TS2400LS Table Saw. I read when researching the purchase, that a router table/plate could be added to the saw. The saw table splits in half, making a hole that a router mount of some sort could be added using the table saws existing fence for the router also. The local Woodcrafters store has a predrilled plate that will fit my router, but would need some other larger plate to fit in the saw table. If you have ever seen anything like this rigged up, please post back. Thanks so much.

I have that saw. I made a plate for it out of a rejected sink-cut-out made from solid surfacing. You have to rabbet the front and back of the plate so that the surfaces are level. Mine is pink..lol
Robatoy, I did exactly the same thing to my Rigid saw. Believe it or not, the cut-out I used was Pink as well. I am so disapointed to find out I no longer have a one of a kind router table.

Robatoy and all, Thanks for the replies, did you use a ready made router plate and then set the plate in your homemade plate? Or did you just make the homemade one and then drill it to fit your router? Where would my best bet be to find some soild surface material to make the plate? My router is a Porter Cable 692, 1 1/2hp with the "D" handle. 257roberts
Robatoy wrote:

<<Where would my best bet be to find some soild surface material to make the plate? >>
When I needed some small pieces of Corian to make zero clearance inserts for my table saw I went to a custom kitchen and bathroom fabricator and asked if they could spare any scraps. They knidly supplied me with a small stack of them at no charge.
Lee

My saw had cast iron wings with supporting ribs underneath them. Even with all that iron, I was able to use a flexible grinding disk in a drill to grind away the ribs in a specific area then I mounted my 3hp Makita router directly to the wing. The grinding took several hours, but got finished eventually. Worked out fine with the rail and stile router bits I used to build some cabinets for my mother's kitchen.
wrote in message

Use the Ridgid tool forums - lots of info http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/index.php