New Ridgid Router Combo

Was browsing Home Depot over the weekend and they were setting up their Christmas Gift isle and I noticed a new Ridgid Router Combo:
http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp?ParentID=Heavy-Duty-EVS-2-14-Peak-HP-Router-Combo
It isn't on the Home Depot website yet, but from what I could tell it was pretty nice. Everything you would expect, soft start, variable speed w/feedback, and it also has through the table depth adjustment.
I'm in the market for a new router since all I have now is a chinese POS, and at $169, it will definately be on my Christmas list. :)

Just make sure that the Ridgid isn't a Chinese POS, too...
--
Regards,
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 01:48:04 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Why would you consider an unknown quantity when DeWalt 618PK and Bosch 1617 can be had for about the same price.

The DeWalt and Bosch are $50-$100 more and from I can tell from the product description neither offers through the table height adjustment.
Locutus wrote:

The Milwaukees do.

http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp?ParentID=Heavy-Duty-EVS-2-14-Peak-HP-Router-Combo
I bought a Ridgid Laminate trimmer from HD. It is made in China. It cost twice as much as the Ryobi model, but it seems okay, I don't know if it is really better. It is the first one I've had. -S