New purchace C8Fb2

Hello to all. I just bought an 8 1/2" sliding compound miter saw (the Hitachi C8FB2). It was one of the saws within my price range at the time. Shortly after I had buyers remorse and couldnt help but think I should have been patient and saved the extra money for a dual bevel 10" version. Ive been doing a lot of renovation work, and woodworking projects. The saw has performed just fine so far. Anyone have any validating feedback? Logic would tell me that this saw will handle 99% of what I would be doing. But, I'm thinking in terms of buying tools that will last a long time and perform well over and over again.
Any comments or feedback is welcome,
Mike

That saw will last you a long time. I imagine you'll probably be quite happy with it.
I have a Dewalt 12" CMS. It handles 99.9% of what I need done . . .
For MY purposes and MY budget, I'm looking to add a tablesaw. I dream of the PM66 with the 30" fence, but my budget is more in the BT3100 range.
Figure out what you need to do. I do a lot of ripping, and I presently must either make a jig for my CS or take it to my Dad's shop. So I'm looking for a TS.
IF you find yourself continually stymied by the "small capacity" of your saw, you might think about replacing it, but I think you should consider the things you do and whether you wouldn't be better served by a TS or a BS or even a good jack plane.
Hey Charles - I was looking for a PM66 or a Unisaw but was on a BT3100 budget too. What I settled for was a Grizzly 1023S. I think their tent sale is this weekend if you can get on-site I hear you can get a deal. Bring a truck or trailer. This is not intended to start another discussion of this or that table saw.

I do keep bopping back there, yes. I'm within driving distance of their warehouse, so it IS something I'm going to consider when SWMBO frees up the funds.
But of course, that's not a serious object of Drooling the way the PM is :)
Michael,
You did just fine. This is definitely not a "buyer's remorse" situation. Save that sentiment for when you buy a cheap tool of dubious quality that is not satisfying to use, the ones that, every time you use them, you think, "damn, I hate the way that cheap slide feels," or some such sentiment. You bought a very high quality, proven tool, that is smooth, precise, and a pleasure to use. Yes, it has less capacity than the bigger ones, but if it does most of the tasks you need it for, it is in fact arguable whether you're better off having a tool that's larger than what you need most of the time. Besides, a tool of that quality will always be useful in your shop, even if you do eventually decide to get a bigger one. Nope, not a remorse situation, IMHO. Enjoy it.

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:47:43 GMT, "Michael Billings"

the bigger saw will have more slop/flex. the smaller one should stay tighter longer.