New project

I always liked working in different materials. So far, the customer likes what she sees in this rendering. I'm kinda happy with it even though it was a bear to render.

I thought, I'd share. Tell me what you think.

Robatoy

lwhaley

Yes, there will be a hood. As soon as the customer decides which one she likes, I will draw one up similar to her choice. There sure is a lot of variety in those hoods these days...mucho bucks too!

Reply to
Robatoy

I think I like it, but it's unique enough that I haven't decided for sure. It doesn't jump out and grab me one way or the other. I know the first thing LOML would say - "That'd be a pain to keep clean!" Will your customer have children or grandchildren in the house? I foresee lots of fingerprints on those nice shiny panels... Andy

Reply to
Andy

This lady doesn't clean. Her staff does though. It's not exactly my taste either. I'm far more traditional that this. This reminds me of Hugh Heffner somehow. In many ways, this is straight out of the 50's BTW, those nice shiny panels will be sandblasted (inside), tempered glass.

Reply to
Robatoy

In the 40's at Augusta, even here in SoCal, will be lucky to have the fog clear enough to reach the mid 60's.

Not condusive to applying finish outside today.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

thing for a new kitchen that I need to get started on, only in lowly 2D. I envy you your Mac CAD tools.

It's a bit too cool to be out in the shop today ... damn hard to believe it's April in Houston.

Reply to
Swingman

At almost 2:00pm in SW Houston it is 43 degrees.

Reply to
Leon

In that case, I think I would like it. I was assuming from the rendering that the panels were polished brass or something like that. Keep up the good work, Andy

Reply to
Andy

Rick (excitedly waving his arms in the air) ... I know, I know!

The kitchen in the Restaurant At The End of The Universe.

Actually Rob ... that looks cool. Not exactly to my taste (too large to fit into our modest kitchen) but an interesting design.

Regards,

Rick

"Robatoy" wrote

Reply to
Rick M

low end of the kitchen), but I think it's really cool.

I really like the white & brass against the figured mahogany colored cabinets. This reminds me of something I might see on a brand new, ultra-rich yacht or aircraft (in smaller setup). Totally stylish!

I'm taking the lower cabinets to also be glass faced?

Reply to
B A R R Y

BTW. You know we're now going to need to see some photos of the actual completed job, right?

Reply to
B A R R Y

"Robatoy" wrote

TurboCad Professional will allow you to design in 3D and then render in hidden line, draft and quality rendering. You choose your materials, choose the finish (ie reflectivity, % opacity), choose the light source(s), and so on. TurboCad has gotten a bit more expensive over the years, but the features make it worthwhile if you need to perform 2D and 3D operations.

Not sure, but I think you can get a 30-day trial of turbocad to try ... you'll have to check the web site.

Regards,

Rick

Reply to
Rick M

For shure. I know that I am nowhere near getting a final approval from her. I am, however, impressing her with the speed of the design changes as she tables them. That 'wood'work, is going to be laminate. She has the entire chain-set of samples from Wilsonart, Arborite, Formica, Nevamar and a couple of others. She loves the frosted glass idea..and I have yet to tell her that she can dial the amount of frost she'd like. When she approves a design, I will save a rendring and try to over-lap it with an actual picture. I can mark a position and altitude of a virtual camera. The focal length metaphor is awkward as lens lengths are now all screwy with the digital cameras and my settings are all based on a 24 x 36 mm frame... but I should be able to fake it.

Reply to
Robatoy

I was looking at TCPro some time ago. There are mac versions which I will try. Vectorworks and Strata are second nature to me as I have been with those two companies since their beginning. I tend to create models the same way as I build them RT which make them a bit bulky. My 5 piece door symbols, for instance, are parametric. As I stretch them to a certain dimension, the rail and stile widths stay constrained. I put a lot of time into the learning curve(s) The rendering engine is simple. Slap on some paint, hang a couple of bulbs and flip a switch....

Building models is very therapeutic for me. The hardware is becoming affordable so that models can become more true to the real world. I am working on a model of a Gibson Les Paul and I can finally entertain the idea that I can create a helix for a wound string without breaking the RAM bank at render time.

The CNC thing is still on the horizon as well. Right now I am dealing with 2 86-year old parents and Angela is finishing up another batch of credits towards her being able to hang her own shingle. All that will come to a head in the next couple of years. Meanwhile, I am doing my part to stay sane. *EG*

Life has become a lot easier now that I know that the answer is 42.

always good to hear from you

Robatoy

ROFLOL!!!!!!!! That kitchen wouldn't fit in my HOUSE! ;-)))))))))

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

That was the only complaint I'd have. Damned if I want to worry about how neatly the dishes were stacked behind closed doors. Kitchens are supposed to be used, not showrooms for the China. Ooooops, what am I thinking. Kitchens are status symbols for people that never cook.

Not my style, but if you like modern, it is very nice.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Be aware that Turbocad for the Mac is not Turbocad at all. IMSI bought the program and put their name on it. It is no where near the program the PC version is.

Reply to
CW

I did download the trial of "Pro". It is a toy. But I think you just cleared up the reason why the PC version is more than 3 times the price of the 'Pro' version for the Mac. I appreciate the heads-up though.

Robatoy