New price on Bessey K-body?

On my regular visit to Lowe's yesterday, I noticed two things about the Bessey K-body clamps. They had received some newer models that now have a flip over plastic thingy at the end to act as a rest on the table. I guess they took a queue from Jorgenson cabinet master. The 50" clamps were marked "New reduced Price" at $39.96 each in quantities of one. This looked like a permanent price reduction, not a sale. That's cheaper than Amazon and with local convenience.
Bob