New old Stanley Planes

I just received from my father two old planes from Stanley. A #45 and a #39 1/2". I have searched the net for a way to age these planes and cannot find a source for this info. Lot's of stuff out there for bench planes, though. Does anyone know of a good site that can help me?

thanks....Alex

Reply to
Alex

Bernie Hunt

old planes from Stanley. A #45 and

for a way to age these planes and

Lot's of stuff out there for

know of a good site that can help

Reply to
obscurious

Thanks for all the great links. I found what I was looking for on the #45 (I have a type 8). Can anyone point me to a picture of the fence knob so that I can turn a new one from Honduran Rosewood? The pictures that I have seen up to this point are rather unclear. Did the knob have an embedded nut or just a hole threaded directly onto the post (mine is threaded).

thanks.....Alex

ps. my new email address is dragonhollow AT earthlink.net.

Reply to
Alex

The knob is spherical and 1-3/8" diameter with a bead around the bottom. The threads are cut directly into the wood. Good luck!

found what I was looking for on the

point me to a picture of the fence

Honduran Rosewood? The

point are rather unclear. Did