New old Stanley Planes

I just received from my father two old planes from Stanley. A #45 and a #39 1/2". I have searched the net for a way to age these planes and cannot find a source for this info. Lot's of stuff out there for bench planes, though. Does anyone know of a good site that can help me?
thanks....Alex
http://www.hyperkitten.com/tools/stanley_bench_plane/dating / http://www.hyperkitten.com/tools/stanley_bench_plane/dating /
http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan5.htm http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan6.htm

Also http://www.tooltrip.com/tooltrip8/stanley/comb-planes/45types/45types.htm
wrote in message

old planes from Stanley. A #45 and

for a way to age these planes and

Lot's of stuff out there for

know of a good site that can help

Thanks for all the great links. I found what I was looking for on the #45 (I have a type 8). Can anyone point me to a picture of the fence knob so that I can turn a new one from Honduran Rosewood? The pictures that I have seen up to this point are rather unclear. Did the knob have an embedded nut or just a hole threaded directly onto the post (mine is threaded).
thanks.....Alex
ps. my new email address is dragonhollow AT earthlink.net.
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Alex) wrote in message

The knob is spherical and 1-3/8" diameter with a bead around the bottom. The threads are cut directly into the wood. Good luck!
in message