New old bandsaw 220v or 110?

I just got at an auction a Biro model 34 bandsaw for $135 and now that I have cleaned it up a little I am not positive if it is set up to run on 220v. I think it is because the plug has one blade vertical and the other horizontal in other words ( - ! like this). The ground pin is in the normal position. Can anyone tell me an easy way to tell if I am correct? I don't want to just plug it in and see what happens. After all I would hate to burn the sucker up after almost giving myself a hernia picking this 400-500 pound monster up and getting it home. As always thanks for the help. Larry
--
larry in Cinci

sounds like my 220 plug
len

Have a look here http://www.passandseymour.com/pdf/T008.pdf to see exactly what you have. Pay attention to the difference between plug and receptacle configurations.
Plug like this | -- o is 120V 20A.
Plug like *this* -- | o is 240V 20A.
Also be aware that the plug configuration does not necessarily indicate what the motor actually needs -- it's *supposed* to match, but on used equipment, somebody might have changed it incorrectly, and you don't have any way of knowing that it really *does* match unless you check the motor wiring. There's probably a diagram on the motor, or a label, that would indicate what it is.
--
Regards,
Well, its a 20a plug, and 20a at 240v seems excessive, so it is probably 120v.

Except that, with used equipment, you have no idea what sort of jackleg modifications may have been made by a prior owner.
--
Regards,
You can get to the motor, and there is a ID plate, it should say
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:10:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

normal
burn
pound
Look at the motor plate. It should give the wiring diagram for 120 and 240 service. Then look at the wiring on the motor to see which way it is connected. The field windings are connected in series for 240 and in parallel for 120. Jim