New motor wiring problem.

JET (WMH) buys from anyone who has stock, even if they put their own nameplate on it. Pretty much the norm nowadays. You need a motor manual, or the diagram to do the conversions. You have the diagram.

Pure speculation, but given that the starter windings have their capacitor and the run windings theirs in a cap-start/cap-run motor, the multiple leads might be for them. Don't know if they have cap-run motors in the 240V area, but never looked. As I understand it, some dual-voltage motors don't separate their windings in the 240 option, running in series instead. Betting this would play hob with the run capacitor, so maybe that's to maintain start/run in parallel.

Oh well, such as it is, my 2 kopecks.

George

kopecks.http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/elec-mtr/elec-mtr.htmlThanks every one I am heading out for the weekend and now wont get to mess with it untill monday. I did notice something last night I am using the orignal cord and I could not find any rating on it before but i found a faded 15amp mark last night . I am replacing this on monday. Could this be why the motor breaker 25Amp is tripipng and the the box 20amp is not? Does this sound reasonable? Have a great weekend

Reply to
Tvfarmer