New member

"rickluce" wrote in news:1118720393.346425.309420 @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I live in Contra Costa County, and worked in Petaluma & Santa Rosa, when the Telecomm Valley boom was happening. I had grandparents at Point Arena in Mendocino County, and at Forestville, west of Sebastapol. The Mendocino branch of the family goes back to the 1840s in the cemetary at Manchester.

My dad lives in Lake County, about 45 minutes from John Moorhead, who has extended a standing invitation to come and visit. Life has gotten in the way of that, mostly in the form of a beautiful new granddaughter.

Why do you ask?

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

About 3 pounds.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

But it's a *cast* *iron* Henweigh. Gotta be 8-10 lbs., easy.

Chuck Vance (you're not foolin' me with that one, no way)

Reply to
Conan The Librarian

ROTFLMAO

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Don't see the problem. They're all aluminum these days. (That's aluminium to you, Andy) Most potfurs are still cast iron though.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
bronzzy

A henway's between three and four pounds.

[Gotta entice this gal to stick around - we couldn't ask for a better straight man^H^H^Hperson.]

Welcome to the group (and remember to keep your sense of humor handy!)

-- Morris

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Others have answered, and I hope you forgive me for pulling your leg.

It was meant as an initiation, as the older ones welcome the younger ones. At this point I'd shake your hand, pat you on the back, and buy you a beer. Welcome to the wreck. I hope you have a sense of humor, and use it frequently.

Just be careful if someone asks you for a left handed monkey wrench.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

Bruce Barnett wrote: snip

Wellll, I guess we know which side of that thread you came down on. Reverse threads, remember. Another sidist chauvanist. Harumph.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

I'm looking for a board stretcher, preferably one that can handle plywood too.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Damned liberals will do anything to get their philosophy across ...

Reply to
Swingman

"bronzzy" wrote in news:7tGre.6454$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Public Service Announcement:

'henweigh' as in "What's a henweigh?" Reply is "About 3 pounds!" 'hammerfour" as in "What's a hammerfour?" Reply is "Pounding nails!"

Right up there with Knock, Knock and "Orange you glad I didn't say banana?"

Reply to
Patrick Conroy

So a henwegh is a type of hammer or a set. when you say pounding nails it could be a few tools. But normally I don't how to align hammers. They don't cost too much I just go buy another one. Make sure it's balanced though. To find a balanced hammer you stand it on the head and if it balances your good to go. If it falls over then I wouldn't recommend it. Working with an unbalanced hammer all day reeks havock on your elbow.

Reply to
bronzzy

I used the same method when looking for a wife ... never did get her "aligned" though.

Reply to
Swingman

She's no fun ... she fell right over.

Chuck Vance (they call me Danger ...)

Reply to
Conan The Librarian

Who are you talking to, and how do you make your voice DO that?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:45:42 -0600, the opaque Dave Balderstone spake:

Better pull your mukluks out of the cellophane before the scorch, Danger.

------------------------------------------- Crapsman tools are their own punishment

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sigh. Time for a beer, methinks.

At a low dive with continuous entertainment, like the Mobius Dick! They whale all night!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

You left out a hamcost.

Reply to