New member

Page 3 of 4

OK, I'll ask it...What'sa "henweigh"????
Bruce Barnett wrote:

'bout 4 lbs.
Patriarch...are you from the Sonoma county area?

I live in Contra Costa County, and worked in Petaluma & Santa Rosa, when the Telecomm Valley boom was happening. I had grandparents at Point Arena in Mendocino County, and at Forestville, west of Sebastapol. The Mendocino branch of the family goes back to the 1840s in the cemetary at Manchester.
My dad lives in Lake County, about 45 minutes from John Moorhead, who has extended a standing invitation to come and visit. Life has gotten in the way of that, mostly in the form of a beautiful new granddaughter.
Why do you ask?
Patriarch

<insert drum roll>

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

About 3 pounds.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
Lawrence Wasserman wrote:

But it's a *cast* *iron* Henweigh. Gotta be 8-10 lbs., easy.
Chuck Vance (you're not foolin' me with that one, no way)

Don't see the problem. They're all aluminum these days. (That's aluminium to you, Andy) Most potfurs are still cast iron though.
I'll try to help but first I need to know what a henweigh is. I tried finding something about it on the internet but to no end. I figure it's some kind of hand tool. Would it be a plane by any chance. Could you describe it for me I may be able to find something similar on the internet and give an answer.

Bronzzy...
A henway's between three and four pounds.
[Gotta entice this gal to stick around - we couldn't ask for a better straight man^H^H^Hperson.]
Welcome to the group (and remember to keep your sense of humor handy!)
-- Morris

Others have answered, and I hope you forgive me for pulling your leg.
It was meant as an initiation, as the older ones welcome the younger ones. At this point I'd shake your hand, pat you on the back, and buy you a beer. Welcome to the wreck. I hope you have a sense of humor, and use it frequently.
Just be careful if someone asks you for a left handed monkey wrench.
Bruce Barnett wrote: snip

Wellll, I guess we know which side of that thread you came down on. Reverse threads, remember. Another sidist chauvanist. Harumph.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

I'm looking for a board stretcher, preferably one that can handle plywood too.
djb
"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message

Damned liberals will do anything to get their philosophy across ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05

Public Service Announcement:
'henweigh' as in "What's a henweigh?" Reply is "About 3 pounds!" 'hammerfour" as in "What's a hammerfour?" Reply is "Pounding nails!"
Right up there with Knock, Knock and "Orange you glad I didn't say banana?"

You left out a hamcost.
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

So a henwegh is a type of hammer or a set. when you say pounding nails it could be a few tools. But normally I don't how to align hammers. They don't cost too much I just go buy another one. Make sure it's balanced though. To find a balanced hammer you stand it on the head and if it balances your good to go. If it falls over then I wouldn't recommend it. Working with an unbalanced hammer all day reeks havock on your elbow.

"bronzzy" wrote in message

I used the same method when looking for a wife ... never did get her "aligned" though.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05
Swingman wrote:

She's no fun ... she fell right over.
Chuck Vance (they call me Danger ...)

Who are you talking to, and how do you make your voice DO that?