New marker for dark woods.

I found a new marker for dark woods the other day. I do welding as well as wood working, and I took a soap stone marker to some walnut... NICE!!!
I had been looking for a replacement to chalk since it seemed to embed in the pores of some woods and was difficult to clean out even with mineral spirits.
The soapstone seems to come off very easily. I'll let you know how it finishes over a cleaned off area later, unless someone else beats me to it.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 8, 10:10 pm, tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

Good idea. I think I have one of those in my toolbox buried under the timing light...
Add pictures here
✖

Timing Light! Why does that make me think of Antiques Roadshow.
Hmmmmm. I wonder if the two buried in the bottom drawer of my box are worth anything.
RonB
Add pictures here
✖

I hope so. Twenty years ago when I used to make a living turning wrenches I bought a snap-on digital timing light and still have but I really have no use for it. looks just like this one: http://ftooz.1.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=10591
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/8/2012 9:10 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

A white colored pencil, crayon, or grease pencil, from any hobby shop works well also.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 1/9/2012 9:08 AM, Swingman wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On 1/9/2012 8:09 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Have a bunch of walnut, but have not tried soapstone ... will certainly do so now. Thanks!
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Jan 8, 7:10 pm, tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

I mark rough lumber with a good old fashioned lumber crayon but at that stage my marks are all free hand and rounded to the inch. Somehow the jointer and planer don't seem to have any problem removing the crayon.
Add pictures here
✖