New Laser Guided Saw

Page 1 of 2
For all you laser guided tool junkies, here is your newest toy. Think I'll run out and buy several in case one fails and I need a backup.
http://wmperry.ca/www/WordPress/?p

I am waiting for the laser guided hammer. Maybe that way I will hit the nail more often.

Or a laser guided pencil! :~)

Just think of the benefits. You can cut wood in the dark.
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:47:51 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

I think there's a real market for laser guided square-head screw drivers.. Those little corners are SO hard to align..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I was gonna joke, howzabout a lazer tape measure. Then I googled and found one.
nb

I liked the laser guided scissors myself: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
nhurst wrote:

Hmm... Those look pretty cool. I wonder if they have laser guided nose hair trimmers?

Or laser-guided eyelash trimmer. :-)

Are all these laser tools really necessary? Have I been wasting my time with a plumb bob, 4-foot aluminum level and framing square?

You'd trust a piece of string and gravity over a new electronic marvel? If they had laser tools, the pyramids would still be standing today. Oh, wait . . . . . . . . .
"Phisherman" wrote

Yep, you are an anachronism, a dinosaur. You will be expected to spend enormous amounts of money to buy new technology if you ever hope to build anything again.
This message was brought to you by the American Tool Marketers Association. <G>

I /NEED/ a laser guided laser. (:-))
Puckdropper
On 29 Jun 2009 04:38:54 GMT, Puckdropper

The USAF has prototype, in a 747.
Mark

Don't even think it or Craftsman will have it as an accessory to their auto hammer, along with a picatinny rail for a flashlight, level, scope, and nail launcher.
nb
Lee Michaels wrote:

You don't have to wait!
Here's a LASER ATTACHMENT! http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber242
You can affix this gizmo to almost anything!
* Saw * Hammer * Car hood to simplify entering garage * Garbage can lid * Golf putter * Fishing pole * Manly member
Whatever needs aligning to successfully complete the operation.

Surprisingly, or maybe not, my late brother used a laser pointer all the time when he was a carpenter/forman. Said it was the handiest tool he'd run across for pointing out errors/issue/etc to workmen in the house while building.
nb

I *never* have any issue with hitting the nail.
The only question is _which_ nail -- the one in the board, or the one on my thumb.
*GRIN*
snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

BTDT and got a permanent notch in my left thumbnail to prove it...
Robert Bonomi wrote:

Seems the last time I used a hammer was to use it as a persuader not to drive nails I have guns for that.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"