new jointer arrived today

The new Jet 6" jointer arrived today. The driver called me on the cell phone and we arranged a time to meet at the house. I guess he seen me limping up the driveway so he unloaded it and wheeled it into the shop for me. All parts are there and it sure is nice. Now to get my son inlaw to help me lift the bed up on the cabinet. I have my little Delta benchtop in the local paper for sale.
--

Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

an alternative is to assemble it on the floor, laying on its front, and then tilt it upright. While you still have to deal with the initial weight of the jointer in tilting it, the lifting weight will reduce rapidly as you get it upright and you don't have the unstable condition of having the massive weight of the jointer unattached to the base - a very risky situation indeed.
TWS
TWS wrote:

I bought an 8" jointer earlier this year and got a buddy to help me lift the bed onto the base. I thought it was going to be dicey but it turned out being a piece o' cake. It was pretty stable even before I got it bolted down. You may be worrying about a problem that doesn't exist.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

<snip>

I lifted mine up myself.