New Jig Saw

I've needed a decent jigsaw for years. I have an old skil jigsaw that is a POS and hard to find blades for. It's so bad I probably use it less then once a year, I have better luck with a saws all. For most work I just use the bandsaw. Festool has a new jigsaw, the Carvex and I'm treating myself to one. They ship Sept. 1 and I even splurged on the accessory kit. Also realize I'm not getting any younger so if I move further out from the urban spread I may not have as much shop space and have been keeping the idea of working in a smaller shop in mind.
Festool has a new jigsaw, the Carvex and

I suppose it was either a new car or a Festool. Good call.
Me personally I would rather buy 2 or 3 Dewalts. I can't tell if it is simi lar to the 5.5 amp $99 or the 6.5 amp $150 Dewalt. What does 400 watts mean relative to amps?
Just joking a bit about the costs and just as jealous as I am sarcastic. I' m sure you will be very happy with the purchase and no reason not to be. I just never got used to the niceties of the Fes-family of tools so still abl e to feel great about my Chiwanese\American brands for 1/2 the price and of course the occasional Harbor Freight guilty pleasure disposable brand equi pment purchase.
On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 16:17:18 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"

As I get older, I buy the best. I figure I deserve it after working for over 50 years. I already have a Bosch jigsaw so I don't need one, but I'd sure consider the Festool. I don't drink coffee, but I bought a Technivorm Mochamaster for my wife so she can have the best and I buy her the finest coffees to drink.
Enjoy life as best you can; it may be gone soon.
On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 16:17:18 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"

Every circumstance varies, when I was contracting I bought good tools for the employees but not necessarly the best as employees generally don't treat tools with the same respect we do. Instead of a new car I bought an excavator awhile back much more useful. Since you bought a Saw Stop I know you can make the tool choice of deciding what you feel is the best value.
Mike M
On 8/29/2013 8:08 AM, Mike M wrote:

Watts = Volts * Amps, so 4000*A, so 400W = 3.5 Amps, or so.
Sorry for the extra copy I sent you Mike M. It was an accident.

Good on ya! You deserve it. 😜
Keep us posted.
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 8/28/2013 5:11 PM, Mike M wrote:

I hate you!
On 8/28/2013 6:57 PM, Leon wrote:

;~) Actually I wold love to have one too and in this case I really can't justify replacing my Laguna BS and Milwaukee jig saw. LOL

Priorities, you got your Saw Stop, so I got off cheap. I still have a perfectly good Unisaw with a large Laguna sliding table, so we all make choices. But when I saw what this jigsaw could do I decided it was time. I've been doing the annual varnish the railings on the deck, and this year did the prep with a Festool Rotek and extractor. It took maybe a 1/4 of the time it did with my other sanders. I know we agree on some tools are worth the price.
Mike M

I'm just jellyous! LOL. I love thar articulating base on the Carvex.

A good jigsaw is one of those tools that finds its way to projects. I've used mine for things I never would have thought about using a cheapie for, such as cutting foam for the railroad or cutting deck boards up for removal. I have a Sawzall, but the jigsaw is easier to handle and just as fast.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 29 Aug 2013 02:30:57 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Agreed a POS is generally useless.
Mike M
On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 15:11:43 -0700, Mike M

Good for you! Good tools are a joy to use and I'm sure you will like this one.

Agreed, if a tool does a job well it brings joy to the user. If I'm in the shop I prefer finishing the day with a smile, as oppossed to being so pissed of at a tool that I leave the shop in disgust. Been there many times though as we can't always go get what we want.
Mike M