New Jet DC1200 CK Dust Collector

Sure looks great to me, any negatives I'm not seeing?
: wrote: : : >Sure looks great to me, any negatives I'm not seeing? : : if you don't make lots of fine sawdust like I do it will be ok over the regular : bag models. not as good as a cyclone but it should be ok. : I have the 1100c and have been using it for a few months now. I have it connected to my planer and table saw, and adapt down to my sanders. It has been picking up the dust quite well as well as the chips. I don't notice any dust in the air, and my equipment tops don't seem to get any accumulation of dust on them that I can see or feel. I also run a jet AFS100b air filter which I am sure helps out. The canister definitely collects the dust in the filter. When I swish the drum very fine dust particles drop into the plastic bag. For the physical size of the unit I definitely like it and have no regrets on buying it.

leaks
so
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/pictures/dc1.jpg
Here was my idea. Two torrit cartridge filters rated for .3 microns. The problem is I make a lot of fine sawdust because I use so many tropicals. Padouk is one of the worst. No matter what you cut it with you get a lot of fine sawdust. I have so much airflow in my setup the dust was spun around in the bag and backup up into the filter. Plugging it up all the time. To get that fine sawdust out of the cartridge you will need to use air. That better thing won't get it out. But if you are not sanding and working tropicals like I am it should not do it as bad. But still you are not filtering down fine enough.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes