New Information

I've switched from a dialup account to Comcast and so my information has changed.

The new email address is:

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet

The new sebsite url is:

of the content is the same but I have added a Tools For Sale section on the Home Page.

(Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet)

Tom Watson

Tom, Great web page! One suggestion: You might want to get a throw-away mail account (hotmail/yahoo, etc) and post that on your web page instead of your real e-mail address. I note you took great care not to post a machine-readable e-mail address on the newsgroup, which is a good idea. However, there are also web-crawlers that look for e-mail addresses on web pages; thus you might want to protect your real account by not making it available on your web page.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Well that just killed an hour... I hope you see this and aren't still in your own killfile. LOL

Nice site Tom. I'm sure I've seen it before, but I've never read any of your writings. Looks like you're living the good life. Fun job, good sense of humor, great looking kids. It was a fun hour and I'll have to stop by to finish my tour.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

Or make a gif with your real email address -- not too many auto-tools read gifs . . . . . yet.

Reply to
Mo' Sawdust

there are also javascript based tools to hide email addresses.

BRuce

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Reply to
BRuce

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 09:52:15 -0500, Tom Watson scribbled

Where are the pukey ducks? I need a link for the Anti-FAQ, especially to Groggy's.

Luigi Zanasi

Good thinking, weegee.

I'd taken the PD pages down to make room for other stuff (my old isp had a five meg limit) but the new one has a twenty-five meg limit - so I can put them back up.

When does the AFAQ get published again?

Regards,

Tom Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)

email is tjwatsonATsnipDOTnet)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Wouldn't matter. If he has an active link on his webpage to a valid e-mail address, the bots don't care. They will still pick it up. The only safe way is to create a form on a web page that calls a server side script which does all the e-mailing. Such as

my wood project page:

Larry Bud

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 06:37:20 -0500, Tom Watson Crawled out of the shop and said. . .: snip

april 1st i do believe is the annual re-posting date. . .IIRC

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:01:48 -0600, Traves W. Coppock scribbled:

Yup. Unless there is great demand for an earlier posting.

Luigi Zanasi