New Information

I've switched from a dialup account to Comcast and so my information has changed.
The new email address is:
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
The new sebsite url is:
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Most of the content is the same but I have added a Tools For Sale section on the Home Page.
(Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Tom, Great web page! One suggestion: You might want to get a throw-away mail account (hotmail/yahoo, etc) and post that on your web page instead of your real e-mail address. I note you took great care not to post a machine-readable e-mail address on the newsgroup, which is a good idea. However, there are also web-crawlers that look for e-mail addresses on web pages; thus you might want to protect your real account by not making it available on your web page.

Or make a gif with your real email address -- not too many auto-tools read gifs . . . . . yet.
--
Think thrice, measure twice and cut once.

Sanding is like paying taxes ... everyone has to do it, but it is

Wouldn't matter. If he has an active link on his webpage to a valid e-mail address, the bots don't care. They will still pick it up. The only safe way is to create a form on a web page that calls a server side script which does all the e-mailing. Such as
http://www.areddy.net/emailme.asp
BTW, my wood project page:
http://www.areddy.net/wood
there are also javascript based tools to hide email addresses.
BRuce
Mark & Juanita wrote:

--
---

BRuce

Well that just killed an hour... I hope you see this and aren't still in your own killfile. LOL
Nice site Tom. I'm sure I've seen it before, but I've never read any of your writings. Looks like you're living the good life. Fun job, good sense of humor, great looking kids. It was a fun hour and I'll have to stop by to finish my tour.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Tom Watson" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
scribbled

Where are the pukey ducks? I need a link for the Anti-FAQ, especially to Groggy's.

Good thinking, weegee.
I'd taken the PD pages down to make room for other stuff (my old isp had a five meg limit) but the new one has a twenty-five meg limit - so I can put them back up.
When does the AFAQ get published again?
Regards,
Tom Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson (real email is tjwatsonATsnipDOTnet)
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .: snip

april 1st i do believe is the annual re-posting date. . .IIRC
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:01:48 -0600, Traves W. Coppock

Yup. Unless there is great demand for an earlier posting.