new infill drawing what do you think?

Here are what I hope to be the final drawings of my new infill body. It is 9? long and 2.5? tall at the top. This drawing is for a 2? ironed plane but I will have one for a 2.5? too. The pics show bedding angles of 45,47,50,55 and 60. The sides are 3/16? brass and the sole ¼? steel.

Let em know if I goofed on the dovetails. They were a bit of a pain to get the mouth where I wanted it (about 1/3 back). I liked the mouth in them idle but it caused problems with holding the plane on my other infills.

Steve knight

your drawing shows the dovetails undercut. did you do that intentionally, perhaps to leave room for peening or something?

Reply to
bridgerfafc

right but it may be more then normal. not sure yet.

Reply to
Steve knight