New hobby. (woodworking related on many levels: building a bar.)

Page 2 of 2

you?
LOL! Being colorblind myself I can relate to that.
Steve

I had a radio, as a kid, that had a green light and a red light on the front panel. The dial lights no longer worked but at night, the red and green bulbs lit my ceiling jointly. When I closed one eye, the ceiling was red, when I closed the other, the ceiling was green. That was a hint of things to come. Reddish/greenish browns are still my nemesis, all other colours seem to be okay.

According to my artist friends and long ago memories, The more colors the better. But as you pointed out, if you can not tell what color is which, that wouldn't help you.
I guess this means that you were not meant to be a painter-artist type.
For the record, I was not a good color-er in school. Yep, in first grade we were graded on our crayon skills. I doubt if that is a part of the curriculum any more.
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:46:58 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

After seeing that paint job, no. I don't mind a bit. Can you give us a hint, though? The building face is 90' square. Will your sign be the same size, with a cutout for floor-level doors and display windows, I hope?
-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

You wouldn't do well up here anyway. ;-}
On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:17:09 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Surrounded by leftists under 400' of -50F snow? You're correct!
-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Funny how reality somehow stops at your border, huh? I have seen those weather maps on TV. 70 in Detroit, 20 in Windsor, with only a river separating them. Somewhere, I still have a picture of a Tennessee couple that crossed the border here in Sarnia, with skis on the roof of their station wagon .......in JULY!
Rome, Italy, 41, 54 N Northern California 41 46'N Sarnia Latitude: 42 58', North.
We can actually grow vegetables here!
"Robatoy" wrote: Funny how reality somehow stops at your border, huh? I have seen those weather maps on TV. 70 in Detroit, 20 in Windsor, with only a river separating them. Somewhere, I still have a picture of a Tennessee couple that crossed the border here in Sarnia, with skis on the roof of their station wagon .......in JULY!
Rome, Italy, 41, 54 N Northern California 41 46'N Sarnia Latitude: 42 58', North.
We can actually grow vegetables here! ---------------------------------------- One of the major asparagus growing spots in North America is around Peterborough, ON, which is what, maybe 200 miles east of Sarnia?
Lew .

And Leamington, an hour and a bit south from here, calls itself the tomato capital of the WORLD, no less. Heinz has had a huge factory there since 1906. We also have world-class wineries in Niagara region and Pelee Island. Latitude: 4145' 18.424
On 10/21/10 5:35 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Memories abound.
--

-MIKE-

"Robatoy" wrote:

tomato capital of the WORLD, no less. Heinz has had a huge factory there since 1906. We also have world-class wineries in Niagara region and Pelee Island. Latitude: 4145' 18.424 -------------------------------------- The individual catsup package was developed at Leamington.
The chief engineer who developed it took his bonus money and bought a 44 ft sailboat which he kept at the Leamington harbor for a couple of years before retiring and heading out to warmer climes for year around sailing.
Pelee island in L Erie is quite unique.
Has an extended growing season and is isolated enough to be used for growing seeds, primarily corn.
It's isolation eliminates cross pollination problems when producing seed corn.
Lew

Soon the Monsanto Police will be patrolling the waters around Pelee in their speed boats.
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:35:04 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

THIS Niagara region? http://fwd4.me/iqH Grape popsicles?
-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Ice wine. Super sweet, stupid money, but a commercial success.
On 10/20/10 10:52 AM, Robatoy wrote:

oops... not there.
--

-MIKE-

Don't you OOPS me, mister! . . . Yeah, well, so I typed it in from memory....big mistake...LOL
On 10/20/10 1:05 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I saw your correction, as soon as I hit send. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:52:43 -0400, Robatoy

Perhaps you forgot to upload it? Page not found.

A hotbed of inactivity, wot?
-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch