New hobby. (woodworking related on many levels: building a bar.)

Isn't that ridiculous? Given that only 10% of all asbestos ever produced was the nasty sort and that most people wear masks around anything dusty, the class action lawsuits (here, how about there?) and gov't regulation on these things just sicken me.

I wouldn't mind repointing decent brick 'n mortar, but this was like styrofoam in places. Coulda been limeless mortar back then. And someone may have cooked their own bricks, but the building is still standing. I wouldn't live there. Uh, uh!

Soooo, where's the pic of the sign, eh, hoser?

-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You mind if I design, cut, have it painted and hung first? LOL

Reply to
Robatoy

What, you don't have a SketchUp rendering?

By the way, SketchUp is the best CAD program ever.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I only bite on wrong evaluations of The Holy Land (Canada).

SketchUp works. . . . . so does a crayon. g,d&r

Reply to
Robatoy

After seeing that paint job, no. I don't mind a bit. Can you give us a hint, though? The building face is 90' square. Will your sign be the same size, with a cutout for floor-level doors and display windows, I hope?

-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Robatoy" wrote

Do they have good crayons in Canada?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

From someone who had to learn to read before he figured out how NOT to paint the sky green and the grass pink ... what's a "good" crayon to you?

I would say that the only good crayon is the one that has the color written on it. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman wrote in news:0ZKdnfr3cISRO13RnZ2dnUVZ_q- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

LOL! Being colorblind myself I can relate to that.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

"Robatoy" wrote: Funny how reality somehow stops at your border, huh? I have seen those weather maps on TV. 70° in Detroit, 20° in Windsor, with only a river separating them. Somewhere, I still have a picture of a Tennessee couple that crossed the border here in Sarnia, with skis on the roof of their station wagon .......in JULY!

Rome, Italy, 41, 54 N Northern California 41° 46'N Sarnia Latitude: 42° 58', North.

We can actually grow vegetables here!

---------------------------------------- One of the major asparagus growing spots in North America is around Peterborough, ON, which is what, maybe 200 miles east of Sarnia?

Lew .

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Swingman" wrote

According to my artist friends and long ago memories, The more colors the better. But as you pointed out, if you can not tell what color is which, that wouldn't help you.

I guess this means that you were not meant to be a painter-artist type.

For the record, I was not a good color-er in school. Yep, in first grade we were graded on our crayon skills. I doubt if that is a part of the curriculum any more.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I had a radio, as a kid, that had a green light and a red light on the front panel. The dial lights no longer worked but at night, the red and green bulbs lit my ceiling jointly. When I closed one eye, the ceiling was red, when I closed the other, the ceiling was green. That was a hint of things to come. Reddish/greenish browns are still my nemesis, all other colours seem to be okay.

Reply to
Robatoy

And Leamington, an hour and a bit south from here, calls itself the tomato capital of the WORLD, no less. Heinz has had a huge factory there since 1906. We also have world-class wineries in Niagara region and Pelee Island. Latitude: 41=B045' 18.424

Reply to
Robatoy

Memories abound.

Reply to
-MIKE-

-- ----------------------------

Green, white and orange... Irish flag since 1919.

Reply to
Robatoy

tomato capital of the WORLD, no less. Heinz has had a huge factory there since 1906. We also have world-class wineries in Niagara region and Pelee Island. Latitude: 41°45' 18.424

-------------------------------------- The individual catsup package was developed at Leamington.

The chief engineer who developed it took his bonus money and bought a

44 ft sailboat which he kept at the Leamington harbor for a couple of years before retiring and heading out to warmer climes for year around sailing.

Pelee island in L Erie is quite unique.

Has an extended growing season and is isolated enough to be used for growing seeds, primarily corn.

It's isolation eliminates cross pollination problems when producing seed corn.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

THIS Niagara region?

Grape popsicles?

-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Soon the Monsanto Police will be patrolling the waters around Pelee in their speed boats.

Reply to
Robatoy

Ice wine. Super sweet, stupid money, but a commercial success.

Reply to
Robatoy