new here...need plans.

Tue, Dec 13, 2005, 5:21pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Dave=A0Hinz) doth plead: J T, do you have any rocking horse plans suitable for a small kid? I tried googling last night but found lots of noise and no signal...

Gee Dave, no I don't. I don' need no steenkin' plans, so I don't save 'em. I'll have to google, but don't know what luck I'll have, because, supposedly, there's only a few free plans on google. But, you might try this link.

A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.

Reply to
J T

Well thanks all for the help. Some were good and others not. I guess I will venture out there and see if the plans I can get are good or just wing it on my own.

You don't google much, do you?

JOAT A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Brian

Brian, your comment about "silly comments . . . go away" was kinda off-putting. Showing up in a newsgroup and almost immediately telling people to go away is not the best way to find help.

Reply to
ukalumni

Way to make friends and influence people there, Sparky...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

"Free" is relative. If you don't know what you are doing, $5 or $10 or $15 is cheap for a well thought-out plan that is relatively descriptive. If you want a relatively detailed dresser plan, buy the measured drawing and video from the New Yankee Workshop; there you 'll get some elementary technique and a well thought out plan. My $.02.

Mutt

Reply to
Pig

"Brian" wrote in news:6Tnnf.171412$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

You're probably better asking here for advice on a specific item when you're ready to build it. There are some really crappy plans out there, that will frustrate you more than help.

But if you ask here, say something like "I need a good plan for a blanket chest that's pretty simple for a beginner", then you'll get some good pointers (plus JOAT will either tell you to Google it, or tell you you don't need plans - he's pretty predictable).

Apropos of blanket chests, Mike Dunbar did an excellent article on building one in Fine Woodworking, back around 1999. If your library has back issues, it'd be worth looking for.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

From Joat...

Nice. Don't recall that I've seen this one before. I'm thinking the Shakers probably wouldn't have use wood like this, but nice either way.

JOAT The grass on the other side of the fence is seldom greener. It just gets more media attention.

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR

see.....I told ya all the old fart still had a sense of humor....;-)

Merry Christmas to you too JOAT,

Bob S.

And, they're all for sale.

As I am portraying Santa this year, I wanted to be sure you got your card early.

rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.

Reply to
Bob S

Sorry it came off the wrong way but I meant it to the jerk who wrote a nasty note.

Reply to
Brian

You'll have to be more specific. That could be most any of us at one time or another.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm sure he meant you Edwin. He must have meant you. It is your turn isn't it?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

There you go again.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Better still -- don't be specific forget it and enjoy the wreck...