New Electrolytic rust removal question

Page 2 of 2

That site is largely rubbish. Although chrome compounds _are_ a problem, and there will be chrome salts in the waste from long-term electrolysis baths that use stainless anodes, it's false (and deceptively so) to start shouting about hexavalent chromium.
I went through this whole thing some time ago. Do an advanced search using my name and "electrolysis" in the subject line. The best group to talk to about this is the chemists, not the woodworkers (though we have a few chemists among the group).
See, e.g., http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm [c4c82c.0402040724.62ab39f7%40posting.google.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dinsubject:electrolysis%2Bauthor:hylourgos%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26scoring%3Dd%26selm%3D5bc4c82c.0402040724.62ab39f7%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D1
[sorry for wordwrap]
Most all the chemists say the hexavalent chromium scare from the movie was a bunch of crap, and that electrolysis output of it is negligible.
But I'm no chemist, so you should read more on your own (from chemists, not WWers) and decide yourself.
H.