New Delta X5 14" Band Saw - Too Much Vibration?

Page 2 of 2
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:21:03 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

============If it Purs like a sewing machine you can bet there is a high compression V8 under the hood that has solid lifters...
Bob Griffiths

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:50:55 GMT, "Leon"

(sewing machine sound)...... lol Of course gear drive sounds nice to my ears also...
Bob Griffiths
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:38:44 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

these may be regional, but "sweat like a pig" (illogical as it is) is a pretty common saying around here, as is the comparison of a smooth running mechanism to a sewing machine....
snipped-for-privacy@all.costs wrote:

No question that some sayings are common or rather, several people use them, in some specific regions. I guess the definition of common may be a part of the problem. Common in my mind means used by many people in various regions, more like "national" common. Yep we have one of those stupidities and it is "barrow pit" meaning the drainage ditch along side a road as in, "he drove into the barrow pit." But it is pretty regional and tho heard from time to time is not really common. Thank God, because anyone with a mind know that a pit is a different shape from a ditch and the ditch has nothing to do with barrow but is simply dug for drainage.
Damn, I am glad that I don't live in a place where "sweat like a pig" and "smooth as a sewing machine" are common sayings. That might just be the tip of the iceberg of nonsense that the people in those regions believe. How many of those people believe in a flat earth? BTW, never could figure that, since a look over the prairie or at the ocean horizon "should" dispel that nonsense even for a cave man.
No question that some sayings arecommon or

Of course, that proves only that you can see as far in any direction. Look to the earth's shadow on the moon, as the Greeks did, and you will see that it must be a _sphere_.
Oh yes, it's sweat like a pig and piss like a racehorse.
George wrote:

tree or a mast and watch approaching or leaving ships, horses, etc., you can figure out that the surface curve down from where you stand.
Look

That's good if you figure out that the shadow is of the earth, otherwise you might think it is the hand of god.

Piss like a racehorse is common. Sweat like a pig just indicates a persons ignorance. How about sweat like a bee? Piss like a tree? Quiet as a tornado? Humble as a bear? Fast as a sloth?
I give up sweat like a pig is a really good saying because it fully describes a sweaty job. Not.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:32:48 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

it's like "shit eating grin". very evocative, perhaps BECAUSE it's illogical.
: : : : : >I give up sweat like a pig is a really good saying : >because it fully describes a sweaty job. Not. : > : >> : : : : it's like "shit eating grin". very evocative, perhaps BECAUSE it's : illogical.
I guess you don't have dogs.
Josie

"firstjois" wrote in message

ROTFL ... I was thinking the same thing myself.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

I don't think that "pig" is meant to be taken literally.

I believe the phrase refers to slag falling off a "pig" of metal.
GregP wrote:

I think it is simply a mistake made by persons that can't think of the correct animal.

right on cue....

That problem has been noted on here before with the new Delta 14" design.
You might want to check some threads that everybody's good buddy 'Bay Area Dave' posted on this same problem a year or so ago. Despite the source, he did come up with a temporary solution, which may be worth Googling to see if it would help you, and a permanent solution ... unfortunately, IIRC, trading it in on a PowerMatic.
That said, hope you get it solved. Also check for an older "Todd Stock" post about the changes that make the vibration problematic with this particular "re-engineered" product.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04