New Delta TS at Home Depot

That's what I've been telling her!

Reply to
Jon Shelley

OK, I think you and Mortimer have convinced me to get the Ridgid. Thanks to everyone who replied for your insight.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Shelley

I wasn't trying to convince you to buy it; just not to ignore it based on the writings of people who don't have one. I believe I've read where Charlie Self said he had one as well. Are there better contractor saws? Probably... I don't really know. All I do know is that I have no regrets buying this one.

And I forgot to mention it: I have a Delta tenoning jig that fits in the miter slot just fine as well.

Enjoy your saw, leave the shop with as many fingers as you entered with, and happy New Year.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I know, let me rephrase. I was leaning towards it already and you helped alleviate my only concern with it, so it's a no-brainer.

just not to ignore it based on the

Same to you!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Shelley

As far as I can tell, from looking at the tools, they are a good value for the money. They are decent quality, and, while they would likely fail if pushed too hard, the probability of your typical hobbiest pushing them too far is pretty low.

Yea...I believe the Ridgid stuff all does have the "standard"

3/4"x3/8" miter slots. It was the Sear's Craftsman stuff that was a hair smaller, so one was locked into buying THEIR accessories.

Hear! Hear!. One of the things I am proudest about after 40 years of wrestling wood is that I can still wiggle all 10 fingers in the air. Probably the WORST thing I have done is sliced a couple gashes into the first and second fingers of my right hand with a bandsaw (piece of wood split on me). The gash was not too bad, but, alas, it got infected, so it was a bit dicey for a bit. In any case, best wishes to you, and, all the other folks taking part in this complicated online community for a safe, productive and positive 2005! Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

No sale really. Production of Ridgid power tools was shifted from Emerson to Techtronics, parent of Ryobi. Somehow, Home Depot and Techtronics license the Ridgid name for use on power tools.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert