New Delta TS at Home Depot

Page 2 of 2

I know, let me rephrase. I was leaning towards it already and you helped alleviate my only concern with it, so it's a no-brainer.
just not to ignore it based on the

At least!
and

Same to you!
Jon
    Greetings and Salutations...
wrote:

    As far as I can tell, from looking at the tools, they are a good value for the money. They are decent quality, and, while they would likely fail if pushed too hard, the probability of your typical hobbiest pushing them too far is pretty low.

    Yea...I believe the Ridgid stuff all does have the "standard" 3/4"x3/8" miter slots. It was the Sear's Craftsman stuff that was a hair smaller, so one was locked into buying THEIR accessories.

    Hear! Hear!. One of the things I am proudest about after 40 years of wrestling wood is that I can still wiggle all 10 fingers in the air. Probably the WORST thing I have done is sliced a couple gashes into the first and second fingers of my right hand with a bandsaw (piece of wood split on me). The gash was not too bad, but, alas, it got infected, so it was a bit dicey for a bit.     In any case, best wishes to you, and, all the other folks taking part in this complicated online community for a safe, productive and positive 2005!     Regards     Dave Mundt

Jon Shelley wrote:

display a

see it on

top,
price. ...
about it,

advice on

some better

would
somewhere else.
I haven't seen the new Delta, but I looked at the new Ridgid saw and was impressed. The Ridgid I looked at had cast wings, casters, a good fence (better than my Jetfence, but that's not saying much), and (from what I could tell crawing around) some very beefy looking trunnions. It got good reviews in a recent mag I saw.
I don't think you can go wrong with either the Delta or the Ridgid.

while now. A

really
Yeah, ditto that. I've been hanging out here for about a year and a half (mostly lurking). Lots of good information here and generally polite and reasonable discourse.
You don't say what brand. I have an older Delta of the same specs and have used with no trouble except for the rip fence which would never line up. Had to get a new rip fence they designed which is called a T-square fence. Now works perfectly and is very reliable.
Smith Fredericksburg, VA
Jon Shelley wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.yahoo.com writes:

Congrats, on both counts.
Now, if your finance is really thinking ahead, she will realize the table saw will help with organization stuff. :-)
Glenna
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

That's what I've been telling her!