New Delta Bandsaw

I bought a new Delta X5 14" bandsaw with riser yesterday. If anyone is interested I will post my experiences with assembly and setup.
-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)
Remove "no" to reply
just curious; no flames please... Any particular reason you didn't get the new Powermatic 14" instead of the Delta? Something about the Delta you prefer, or did you just not look at the Powermatic?
dave
Bill Rittner wrote:

The Powermatic looks like a very fine tool. I chose the Delta because it is the small bandsaw I remember from my days in the machine shops. Delta always proved to be a reliable machine tool. Also, Woodcraft is offering 10% discount. Powermatic is about $50 cheaper and includes a light (which I already have) and a fence (which I never use). In view of all this the Delta won.
-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)
Remove "no" to reply

makes sense, Bill.
dave
Bill Rittner wrote:

I am also in the market for a new bandsaw--mostly for small projects, model making. Want 12" or less, variety of blade widths, sanding band, fence, light, blower. Your thoughts? Glenn
* Re: Our address...From a Scot ballad, circa 1350: "Oh, my name is Little Jock Elliot, an' ( wha daur meddle wi' me?")

My only thought is the smaller than 12" saws are crap. The Jet 12" looks OK. The 9" saw I've seen look like then belong in a toy store. Ed
Yup, used the 10% myself on the 18" Delta I bought. Cost the same as the Jet 18" at that point with a two horse motor instead of the 1 1/2 horse. Nice tool but has been used for real yet!
Dan

I am very interested as I am seriously considering the puchas of same.

What about all those 'discount' offers that came with it? How about a little insight into the offers that come with an X5 tool. I'm looking at a shaper. Thanks, Mark
Bill Rittner wrote:

I will have the machine running tommorrow, with a full report. Will not be able to cut with it, because I am installing the riser and it does not come with a blade. For $110 list it should come with some kind of blade. I will be sure to complain about this. My Timber Wolf blades won't be here until Monday/Tuesday.
The machine comes with a coupon for a free PC brad nailer, Delta mobile base, Delta 14V drill/driver, or a PC 690LR router. There is a box to check to receive a book of coupons for other savings not specified.