New Compressor?

I need a new compressor, one that I can roll around from time to time and than can power my 6cfm (@ 40psi) spray gun.

The best deal/CFM seems to be the 60gallon/3hp/220v Husky Pros from HD followed by their 30gallon/2hp/120v brethren. The former is somewhat top-heavy (perhaps even more so than a drill press) and rather averse to motion but has plenty of output for my needs. The latter is downright agile for my mobility needs but is a rating of 6.6cfm (40 psi) sufficient? (I know my twin-tank Makita compressor is definitely not.)

Any relevant experience/problems with either of these options? Does anyone keep a 60gallon compressor on a mobile base?

Cheers, Shawn

PS: The HD variants load the tank only up to 135psi, while the Lowe's models go up to 155. I suspect the latter will cause more noise and heat than I want to deal with, but I have no real experience on that matter.

Reply to
RimaNeas

By you figures, the 30 gallon has 10% more capacity than your stated need.

If you are torn between the two go with the "stationary" up right 60 gallon compressor. Then buy a $79 cheap Harbor Freight compressor for those odd times you need the portability.

Reply to
Leon