New Coffee Table (Arts and Craft-ish) project

I need a new coffee table and side tables. I am a Craftsman style guy. I have a bunch of 8/4 x 11-12" wide QS WO that I want to use so was looking for inspiration that could utilize the heavy timber I have available.
I am deriving my design from the Stickley Trestle Table designs and a bit from the Little Journey's tables(if you are familiar).
These will be some heavy suckers!!! Looking for comments on the design.
Inspiration:
http://www.sonomaproducts.com/images/stories/custom/gallery/inspire.jpg
Designs:
http://www.sonomaproducts.com/images/stories/custom/gallery/coffee.jpg
http://www.sonomaproducts.com/images/stories/custom/gallery/side.jpg

a bunch of 8/4 x 11-12" wide QS WO that I want to use so was looking for inspiration that could utilize the heavy timber I have available.

All are hard to beat. I went through the same process about 8 1/2 years ago when designing a trestle table for our kitchen:
http://e-woodshop.net/Projects5.htm
<scroll to the second project on that page>.
I believe I said in the "twenty twenty hindsight" comment that I would have doubled up, in thickness, on the "foot" were I to do it again.
The pictures you show above all seem to be mindful of that little detail to some extent.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

little at the seams for easy of fit-up (no exact matching required) and to add some interest or mass. Did the same at the top, just less extreme so there is more weighting at the bottom. I reversed the weighting with the legs stepping down to a more narrow profile at the calf\ankle and a wider thigh.
I really do like what you came up with design-wise, much better than mine, and with much more of a classical feel to it.
I totally lack the designer gene, plus I'm generally pretty rushed when building for myself and therefore generally try to keep things relatively simple as a result. (I kick myself at the end of almost every personal project for not taking more time, and for using materials leftover from other projects ... something I don't do on bespoke/custom projects for others.)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

a bunch of 8/4 x 11-12" wide QS WO that I want to use so was looking for inspiration that could utilize the heavy timber I have available.

From what you show it is nice. I see one problem though. Instead of the rail at the bottom having 2 contact patches it looks like 4. That will cause the table to rock more than with 2, since most floors are not nearly level. Is what I am seeing real, or an optical illusion.
Nice wood can we see the top?
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:26:03 PM UTC-8, tiredofspam wrote:

To clarify: The photos are of an antique full sized Stickley table. I did not build this. I used that design as an inspiration for my "squashed" coffee table design. Then I also used some of the scale from a type of table called a Little Journey's for the end tables. My only work so far is the sketchs.
The old tables did actually clear the floor at the center. I have pictures form other views and of other tables that validate that. I chnaged my design so it doesn't have that center drop anyway.
Note: I constantly harvest antique Stickley furniture images from eBay and have collected maybe 100 designs or so.