new blade change system on Bosch 1591 jig saw

I have not seen this written up in here, so I thought I would post it. There have been many threads on Bosch and Milwaukee jigsaws in the last 5-10 years in this group (wow!). Everyone loves their Bosch, but Milwaukee blade change mechanism is acknowledged to be the finest.
I availed myself of a service on www.coastaltool.com called the Tool Doctor. You can post a question about anything and they try to respond within one business day. I asked them to give me a comparison of the blade change mechanism for a Bosch 1584, 1591 and Milwaukee jigsaw. Basically I wanted to know if Bosch had made in big improvements in the newest model. Here is the response I got:
============ Bob, The new 1591 saw is like the Milwaukee Quick Change just pull a lever , insert blade and release. Bingo your in. The older Bosch you had to pull up the black Handle and treat it as it were a screwdriver.It was a pain in the neck! Wayne
============
As an added note, the other improvements of the 1591 vs the 1584 are: electronic feedback to maintain the dialed in speed, and a a pincer like "clamp" that helps maintain blade tracking- you press a button and that clamp closes on both sides of the blade.

ks,
Thanks for the additional information. Are you a 1591 owner? Mine is on order. I expect it in later this month.
Bob
Yes, bought mine about two mths ago. I think you will be very happy with yours.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

FWIW, the Metabo (resold as Ridgid at Home Depot) also has this mechanism. Reviews at Amazon (including mine). Much better build quality than Bosch IMHO (haven't seen the 1591 yet though...the blade clamp sounds like a great idea)...
ken

Yes now it is as easy as the Milwaukee. IIRC the Bosch now pops the blade out when you push the lever over. With the Milwaukee the blade will pop out if you want by pushing the lever and turning the saw on for a moment. The up and down movement will ekect the blade. As for the fingers that grab the back of the blade to help keep the blade straight or from bending time will tell. Seems metal rubbing metal would possible cause a lot of heat or wear out.
We are going to need a report after you have had a chance to try the saw out. You should be very pleased.
Hey Leon,
I'll go better than a report on the 1591. You probably cannot tell from my posts on the road using Google - this is Bob Davis from Houston.
When I get it, you are welcome to have a first hand look-see at it and run all the tests in your own shop. You are much better qualified to look at these things than I am.
Bob Davis Houston, Texas

I thought it was you Bob....Davis. LOL

See if you have a neighbor that has a jig saw other than a Bosch and try his out. Then try your new one and you will be an instant expert. Or, bring it by and we can compare it to my Milwaukee.