new bandsaw? HELP

Im looking to buy a new 14" bandsaw.. If you were me, what model/brand would you buy, and why? I do a medium amount of wood work,bandsaw is not a primary tool. That being said ,I would want an accurate tool. PRICE IS AN ISSUE Im not into junk want to do this once and be happy
TIA
Harbor Freight - wait til it's on sale.

I think the Grizzly G055 14" is a great buy. I've had mine for over a year now and have had no problem with it altho I did immediately replace the stock blade with a Timberwolf. Making bandsaw boxes out of 6" walnut and maple and a 3/16" blade slices through that like butter.
Just MHO,
Vic
fsteddie wrote:

would you spend $900?
Dave
David wrote:

NO
fsteddie wrote:

then I have no recommendations for a good unit.
dave

Then make price not an issue.

lots of options.
if it was me, I'd be looking for a 30 year old delta.
some folks have been happy with their harbor freight delta clones, with a bit of tweaking.
there are a lot of other delta clones being sold by lots of companies, including delta, at a range of prices.
rikon is selling euro style machines that review well. they seem to be mid- priced. similar machines are sold by lots of other companies.
this might be a place to start: <http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num &scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=rec.woodworking&as_usubjectndsaw&as_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny81&as_maxd&as_maxm&as_maxy 05&safe=off>
or: http://tinyurl.com/d4vmj
hello,
I got the Harbor freight one for $230 on sale. I added the raiser kit for $50, and a couple of good blades (3/4" timber wolf for resawing and 1/8 for fine work, $50) and bearing blocks for $12 and I am more than happy!
it is precise enough, and I have never been limited by the thing. even with all the add on, it is still much cheaper than anything else...
regards, cyrille

Price is no issue? Look at Johnson.
fsteddie wrote:

Whose?

roflmao!

I'd go with Rikon. It is an new Chinese manufactured band saw and it is whipping the competition in the band saw tests and comparisons in many of the major magazines. Fit and finish makes most all the rest in the same price range look pretty lame. Woodcraft is one of the resellers.
http://www.rikontools.com/14inBS.html
If you want this to maybe your last, consider the 18" model. You will be able to do serious resawing with it.
Sears practically gave me a Delta 9" the other day.
Floor model. Clearanced to $59, and 20% off all clearance items, and a bonus $10 off for using my Sears card.