New Bandsaw

Still waiting on my new bandsaw(Powermatic); bought it at the woodworking show on Dec. 12...hope its not back-ordered. Any, sold my old Sear`s 14" bandsaw today, help load it up, forgot how heavy that was; 95 model. Sad to see it go, but...... Any, wanna get a mobile base for the new saw, weighs 210#.......so you think a 300# mobile base is good enuff, or should I get a more heavy-duty model.
I use the Delta one (adjustable) rated to 300#. It is more than sufficient, George. I used maple for the frame and a heavy piece of ply (either sturdifloor or 2 layers of 3/4"; forgot which). Sturdy as hell.
dave
George Berlinger wrote:

What did you think of that bandsaw rebuild David Eisan pulled off? A custom mobile base too. Very classy guy. Don't you agree?
Bay Area Dave wrote:

Indubitably!
What he paid for it and the necessary parts isn't enough to buy a set of decent blades either. *AND* it was in Canuckistani pesos.
Some guys just know what they're doing I guess.
Hope he got over that sneezing fit...
For all the work he has put in it, I can't imagine him ever wanting to sell it.