NetZero

Page 3 of 3
NetZero is not literally "5x" faster, the software, which you rent for an extra $5 a month, simply pre-fetches the pages of all links you see on any webpage you are on, straight into your RAM. If not enough RAM then cashed onto your hard disc which you must clean yourself. But for surfing it is better than regular dial-up. I would do it for the cost of it. Satallite however is slower than regular DSL but far faster than any dial-up. You may want a V.92 type dial-up modem, with it you can place internet "on hold" wild recieving a 'phone call, yet remain dialed-up, and NetZero provides that service which would be a specific number(s) in your area.
Alex

Ah, see, if I'm going to do that, I'll give 40 bucks to rhinosoft.com and install AllegroSurf. Gives you prefetch, cache management, and blocks popups, without installing spyware on your system and without telling you it's one thing when it's really another.
Disclaimer: I know the guy who sells AllegroSurf.

And another dillusion about netzero on the "5x" faster thing is it makes one think that also means the speeds of software downloading, nope. same as 56k and slower. I got cable.
Alex
Hi Charlie... First thing I'd do is call the phone company. A while back, my dialup slowed to a crawl... I called the local Ma Bell, and the repaired the line, and viola! Back up to speed (which is a 50K crawl when one has wideband wireless at the office and is SPOILED!). Tom

<snip>