Negative gloat!

I have always boasted of my great buys; so it is only fair to mention a screw up. Maybe someone can learn from it.

I bought a set of reconditioned Dewalt 36v tools on Ebay for $480. That is $75 less than I could find them for anywhere else. There was a packing slip on the box. The seller had bought them from Amazon two weeks earlier for $399! I checked Amazon today, and they have them for $399. ARRRGGGHHH!

Well, they didn't have them when I checked, and I sure don't need them now; but they are great tools, so if anyone wants a good buy...

But you know, they are going for over $500 right now on Ebay, maybe if I bought a few sets... nah; ain't worth the hassle for a $25 profit. (freight, ebay expense, paypal expense...)

Reply to
Toller

Why, did you buy them if you did not need them?

Reply to
Leon

Negative gloat....? Does that mean I suck? ;)

Reply to
RicodJour

I bought them because I needed them. I "don't need them now" from amazon because I already bought them on ebay. Get it?

Reply to
Toller

You have a disease. How do I know? Because I have the same one. After I do all of my homework, scour the web, check eBay, and make my purchase, I keep shopping until I find a cheaper price.

I think it's my way of keeping me humble. ;)

RicodJour

The seller left a neener in the box?

**
**

B A R R Y

Now that you have put in all the explained what you were trying to say I do.

You said,

That sounded like you were trying to sell the ones you bought.

Reply to
Leon

We often see a similar question in regard to guns, usually framed in an accusatory fashion: "Why do you need a firearm capable of [holding 30 bullets, spraying death indiscriminately, that looks so menacing, capable of bringing down an airliner, etc.]?"

This is often followed by the opinion that: "No one needs ..."

The operative word is not "need;" the action word is "want."

Reply to
HeyBub

Seems like a good question to me.

IMHO, if you need more than one shot, you don't deserve the meat.

At least that is the way I was taught.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Good point. There's a one word retort, though. I can't use the word on a family-oriented newsgroup, but here's a translation:

"Zulus! Thousands of 'em!"

------- I got into a conversation with one of my customers who lives on Cape Cod. I told her about visiting a local (Texas) gun show and being somewhat surprised at the number of crew-served weapons for sale.

"What's a crew-served weapon?" she asked. I replied: "Oh, it's one that takes more than one person to operate it - a heavy machine gun, a mortar, things like that." ... "What are the people who buy these things going to do with them?" "Uh, nothing," I said. "It's just having them that is the goal." "I don't believe that," she said. "They must have some plan in mind!" ... "Okay, Carol," I confided. "I can tell you. We're stocking up for the revolution."

"I KNEW IT!"

Reply to
HeyBub