needl cradle plans

I need a set of plans in a big hurry, baby is due in a couple of months. Mother wants a cradle that rocks. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. You can post a link here or e-mail me anything you got, please and thanks in advance . Dan
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:36:11 -0330, "Dan Parrell"
How about 17th century? There are some lovely hooded cradle patterns from that period, if you like the antique style. They're oak or elm framed panels, not spindles, so they also have a lot fewer parts and there's none of the trapping hazard. If you can cut a usable mortice and tenon, you can make one.
There's a nice plan in Taylor's "The Construction of Period Country Furniture" <(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
Tue, Nov 8, 2005, 7:36pm (EST+1:30) snipped-for-privacy@nl.rogers.com (DanParrell) doth exclaim: I need a set of plans in a big hurry, baby is due in a couple of months. Mother wants a cradle that rocks. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. You can post a link here or e-mail me anything you got, please and
Ain't e-mailin' NObody.
My view on this is you'll be happer in the long run with a rocking chair. Rock the kid to sleep, put him/her on a rock and he/she will sleep. Trust me. Then you/wife sit in the chair and relax. The kid'll outgrow the cradle fast, you'll still be using the rocker years from now.
If you're dead set on a cradle, google, plenty of plans out there. Or, check the archives, plans have been posted before. I've posted several myself..
JOAT If it ain't broke, don't lend it. - Red Green
(Dan Parrell) doth exclaim:
Mother wants a cradle that rocks.
JT replies My view on this is you'll be happer in the long run with a rocking chair. Rock the kid to sleep, put him/her on a rock and he/she will sleep. Trust me.
You seem to have forgotten a few rules.
Wed, Nov 9, 2005, 7:16am George@least (George) who doth claim: You seem to have forgotten a few rules.
They are not rules, more in the way of guidelines.
JOAT If it ain't broke, don't lend it. - Red Green

http://www.thewoodcrafter.net/dlnk.html?http://www.thewoodcrafter.net/proj/p16.html
Thanks all who posted