Need your cradel suggestions

I need your help and ideas. My daughter just announced she is pregnant due in October. I have seen some very beautiful cradle's posted here and at ABPW. I don't care much for what Google has to offer.
Links to your stuff is far better IMHO. Plans aren't necessary as I will make changes in flight and a touch of senior dyslexia makes them hard to follow anyway.
Dave
Top or bottom posters welcome!
Congratulations to your daughter !
It depends on the type she wants (and the father!) Rocking or pendulum.
I posted mine few weeks ago in ABPW (pendulum type).

due
don't
I've made upward of fifty cradles - GI, where everyone's breeding - and the best, in my opinion, are the swinging type. Easier in/out, easier for mom or dad to hang an arm off the bed to swing it than to rock one.
Last I built was capable of being shipped in a 38 x 22 x 6" thick box. Makes it easier to store for the next, not to mention ship to the kid in Germany.
Got it - Very nice BTW Thanks
"Junkyard Engineer"

I have a cradle I designed on my website: www.the-wildings.com/shop/furniture/ It made it in Fine Woodworking a few years back. Due to popular demand, I also created plans for this that I sell.
I have ideas sketched for 2 or 3 other cradles that i want to build some day, but there is never enough time.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Joe in Denver my woodworking website: http://www.the-wildings.com/shop /

Thanks Joe - Check your email!
Dave

There are a couple on my web page, one swinging, one floor model. I may have additional photos of them in construction if it would help.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Tue, Mar 1, 2005, 2:26pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@teamcasadot.org (TeamCasa) mumbles: I need your help and ideas. My daughter just announced <snip>
I'll repeat myself. Make a rocking chair. A cradle looks nice, and everybody will ooh and aah over it. Then the kid will out grow it very shortly, and it's gonna be in the way, or stored, kinda a PITA either way. Rock the kid to sleep in a rocker, then he/she'll sleep anywhere. Then mom/dad can sit in the rocker and relax for a few minutes. And, the rocker can be used for years. Think about it. We didn't have a cradle OR a rocker when my sons were little - but thinking back, I sue wish we'd had a decent rocking chair, partly for those times one of 'em would scream every time he stopped bing held, and absolutely refused to go to sleep if whoever was holding him didn't walk. A cradle would never have worked, but a rocker sure would have, and sure as Hell would have been a lot less work then having to walk back and forth until the kid went to sleep.
Or, you can do like a lot of people do and build both . . .
Joe
(TeamCasa)

Here is a link to the construction of a swinging cradle (actually 2) that I designed and built.
http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/page8.htm
Also here is a link to some pictures after they were completed. These two were with 1 thick material and flat end panels. I have since made 1 additional when my son was born that was cherry with round spindles, raised panel ends and stock. I have plans in AutoCAD format that I can send if you are interested
http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/page7.htm