Need Wood Shed Door Latch Recomendation

I have two wooden sheds. The left doors (without handles) are kept closed by a type of latch made from steel rod that is bent in the shape of a P. These are moved into holes in the floor and the header to hold the door closed.
On both sheds I've had problems with these. The flimsy springs that are part of them come loose, and the P things come free. Does anyone know of a better latching system made for these kind of doors that I can look for? A link, a name, whatever I can use to help find what I need would be great.
Thanks in advance.
snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

How about a barrel bolt? A search on acehardware.com will get you there.
Jerry

Lee Valley might have what you're looking for. They have quite a few types in their hardware catalogue. http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&pE340&cat=3,49938,45339
snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

This is really off topic here unless you are talking about a wood shop shed :-) Go over to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking and see the pic addressed to kemosabe.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 17 Jul 2006 09:30:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Is the priority security or just keeping the doors latched?
In a past life/marriage my shop was a 10 x 12' shed with "barn" doors... I just put 1 of those screw in plastic covered bike hangers in each door and dropped a 2x4 across them when I closed up.. I guess you could lock them if the need is there..
The picture that wilshak posted in ABPW is a fairly standard garage door latch and should be easy to find.. Mac