Need/Want A Laptop Desk

Lately I've been doing a greatly increased batch of googling; printing out a load of pages. I don't really care to do this work at a table, low, and not angled. So figure a laptop desk will be the answer. Decided I don't really need, or really want, a conventional type of laptop desk. http://www.thetrunkshoppe.com/lapdesks.html So, started googling. Ran across this, comtemplated it, and even faster uncontemplated it.
http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkontherun/images/lapdawg.jpg
Decided something along these lies will be the way to go. Minus the fancy, and minus the drawer. I'll use plywood, all glue fastening, and mak it high enough, and with the top angled at an angle yet to be determined. I may make an "arm" on each side that will go on each side of me, so I can rest my arms on them. Either way, this will cover my needs nicely.
http://www.galleryfurnituredirect.com/images/lapdesk.jpg No, there won't be any plan. Just take a few measurements, cut, glue. I'll use glue block, and a couple of braces, under the top. Yes, it'll be plenty strong enough; I did a stand to hold craft supplies the same way, that's about 3' tall, and it's held up great.
Sometimes I plan all of these things out in my head, then make it; other times I've just got an idea of what I want, and just start making it. One will look like I thought; one will sometimes surprise me - like my saw stand. Either way, works for me.
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:48:54 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I will add my laptop desk, it is an oversize TV tray in style. Made for her laptop computer.
http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Laptop/index.html
Mark

I'll add mine, it's only for easy chairs though: My lap.
For "normal, everyday use" I use a standard desk.
Puckdropper

FWW a few years ago had plans based on Tom Jefferson's (custom) lap-top desk. Very nice
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 05:33:49 -0700, Ralph E Lindberg

I bought that back issue and have that desk on my list of projects to do one day.
--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact /

Join the crowd....
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
snipped-for-privacy@callsign.net says...

"Politics as well as Religion has its superstitions. These, gaining strength with time, may, one day, give imaginary value to this relic, for its great association with the birth of the Great Charter of our Independence." Jefferson, referring to the lap desk.
True perhaps, but I'm making one as well.
S.
Wed, Sep 26, 2007, 5:33am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@callsign.net (RalphELindberg) doth sayeth: FWW a few years ago had plans based on Tom Jefferson's (custom) lap-top desk. Very nice
If I recall right, plans for that, or very similar, ae available, free, somewhere on-line. Nice, yep, but not what I want.