Need to stain Baltic Birch to look like Cherry

Making the carcass for a set of file cabinets and a curio to set on top. Will have a cherry face frame and cherry drawer fronts. I would like the carcass inside to at least look a bit cherry.
Would like some brand/color/type recomendations from the pro's out here on the wreck to get a decent tint to the baltic birch.
So Minwax cherry stain at Home Depot or ??
Alan
Since your asking for stain, you're probably referring to mass-market looking cherry.
In that case, I've found that Minwax water-based Rosewood stain over Borg Birch Ply comes close to the usual veneer over MDF that most call cherry :)

I just paid around $80.

Build the rest of the piece out of MDF and stain the cherry to match . . . 8-)
Behlen's Solar Lux Medium Cherry. To darken it you can mix in some of the Medium Red Mahogany Solar Lux. To lighten it, you'll want to use the Behlen's Reducer.
If you don't need to go very dark, sometimes the Watco Cherry or Fruitwood Danish Oil will do the trick, too.
You're going to have to experiment to figure out what works best. Brian.
I just did my library with birch cabinets and cherry face frames and doors. I finished it with Bartley's Pennsylvania Cherry stain and varnish. A detail picture here:
http://www.wwest.net/~keely/woodworking/library.htm
Regards, Peter

So what's the LN scrub doing there instead of in the shop?
That's a St. James Bay scrub plane that my wife got me as an anniversary present. I am delinquent! I haven't taken it out to the shop and broken it in.
Peter

Looks like my L/N, less some miscellaneous scratches and sap stains.

Experiment. Remember that what your cherry is now is not what it will become.
Minwax Red Mahogany is the best I've found for solid birch. Might be a bit to intense on peeled stock.

Sounds like something my Dad once told me.
I would experiment with a cherry gel stain. I've used in the past and have got good results