Or do you know of a better one?
Thanks,
S.
Thu, Nov 1, 2007, 8:51am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@samson.net (samson) doth query: Has anyone tried this jig? http://www.woodzone.com/tips/frame_jig.htm Or do you know of a better one?
Yeah, the guy that came up with it. Just what would it take to be "better"?

If your miters are exact you can get by with masking tape in the corners. Biscuits would also help to add strength.
samson wrote:

It's the same basic concept as a Clampmate http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/clamps_vises/adjustable/clampmate.htm?L+coastest+vfgz5078ffcaa2ca+1194013460 .
--John
snipped-for-privacy@samson.net says...

FYI, I made this jig in less than an hour out of 3/4 plywood and wingnuts. I drill pressed holes every inch up and down the slats so it can be adjustable for any size frame. It worked great for gluing a frame square and solid.
S.