Need Suggestions For Pricing A New (2-Year-Old) Tablesaw I'm Selling

I've been trying to sell this "new", 2-year-old, tablesaw and mobile base for a while without success. They've been advertised on eBay, on craigslist, in the local paper, and altho I get a reply or two, so far, No Sale!

Here's the story: I bought this saw and mobile base 2 years ago with plans to build a workshop in my garage. But soon after I got them, we decided to move, and sadly our new house does not have room for a workshop. So even tho they're 2-years-old, they are essentially "brand new", since they are still sealed in their original boxes.

Jet 10" Left-Tilt SuperSaw, with 30" MicroGlide Fence Model JWSS-10LFR, Stock # 708770 Details and Specs:

Heavy Duty Universal Mobile Base Model JMB-UMB-HD, Stock # 708119 Details and Specs:
current Amazon price for these two items is $1,070. I've been asking $750, and because it's a private sale, there's NO taxes and NO shipping charges (if picked up). The saw itself weighs 350#, so shipping all 5 boxes would be expensive, which is why I've been suggesting pickup in my ads.

I realize I could probably sell them fast if I was asking $200 or some other ridiculous figure, but they are basically "new" ... so $300 off the current retail price seems reasonable to me.

If not, what do you think a fair price should be?

Reply to
bw-fl

Have you contacted a local woodworking club? Our's has a email service when things like this come up.

What part of the US are you in?

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjmwallace

The downside is that the new buyer has no warranty coverage, and if anything is wrong (bent rails, misalligned pulley, shipping damage, etc.) they have no real recourse against Jet since the warranty period is long expired.

It would almost be preferable if you *had* set up the saw and used it, as you would have thus ensured that the saw works properly while it was still under warranty.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Well, as a Seller we always wonder why someone would not take the $300 in savings. However, if I were local and looking for a saw i probably would not be interested either. $300 is not sufficient to make it interesting enough to give up new/new, a warranty, and the peace of mind that it is not stolen, etc. I'd guess that you would get some action at $600, or, hold-out and wait for someone on a budget. It's a shame but thats the reality, IMO. They say that the moment we drive a new car off the lot, the sale value drops by 20%. Same issue.

Good Luck

Reply to
Joe Bemier

You moved into a new house with no room for a workshop???

What were you thinking??? That would be as crazy to me as buying a house with no room for a kitchen!

Mekon

Reply to
Mekon

> Jet Heavy Duty Universal Mobile Base

> The current Amazon price for these two items is $1,070. I've been

Reply to
Lee

$198.00.

Reply to
CW

Selling on Ebay for pick up only is a loser. You cut out too many buyers. Offer to freight it using Freightquote.com ....I get pretty reasonable rates thru them. You should be able to ship it to most of the US for $100-150. The cheapest quotes will be from a business to another business, you can get around not shipping it from a business by banding it to a pallet and taking it to the nearest trucking terminal. They will take it off of your pickup with a forklift. Do a little homework before offering to freight it. You can put a freightquote freight calculator in the auction. Consider putting the starting bid at $99-399 and be willing to accept what it sells for. I have had items not sell at a $900 starting bid and I relisted with a $99 starting bid and they sold for over $1100 Bidding frienzy is amazing sometimes. I buy and sell industrial equipment for an ebay powerseller. I also have a woodworking business and am personally an ebay powerseller. I have a fair amount of experience shipping freight and buying and selling on Ebay.

Good luck, Frank

Reply to
Frankcw