Need suggestion for type of hinge to use

I am designing and building a mission style book case with doors that have glass panels. I saw it in an old Restoration Hardware catalog. I really like the design but I am having trouble finding hinges that I think will work.

The problem is that the doors are inset into the bookcase past the face. I am guessing it will be 1/8". In the picture the hinges are invisible. This is a definite design feature which I want to keep. I also want the doors to open up past 90 degrees if possible.

I doubt the original manufacturer used a custom designed hinge for this. I can't seem to find anything. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
jmlucido

Sounds like barrister bookcases. The doors won't open more than 90 degrees, but they slide back into the case above the books. Popular Woodworking has some good plans in their April 2007 issue, and some simpler ones on their website.

You can get hinges from rockler. The origoinal design has a pin at each side of the top of a door that slides in a routed slot.

Good luck.

Reply to
Lionel

Thanks for your input

John

Reply to
jmlucido

depending how far you want to recess the door, these might do ya:

Reply to
bridgerfafc