Need strap hinges

I need help finding a good source for strap hinges. I've scoured the local hareware stores and Internet sites but haven't found what I need.
I'm looking for iron strap hinges that can be mounted (as center mounts) on pintles to brick columns. I need pintles that are mounted to metal plates that can be anchored against the column. Most of the strap hinges I've seen have either flush mount, screw-in or drive-in pintles. I've found some ironworker folks who can make what I need, but at a steep price.
Anybody know where I can find these types of hinges/pintles?
88keys wrote:

Try googling "pintle gudgeon" (without the quotes). You'll find them as marine supplies so either aluminum or stainless for the most part, but you should find something that will do the job for you.
If I understand you correctly you're looking for something like the stuff about halfway down <http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d3000/e727.asp only in iron instead of aluminum.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate