Need Source For 4" x 1/2" Pressure Treated Slats (Resaw?)

Greetings!
I need a bunch of slats to extend a fence around SWMBO's garden.
The short story is that I need a bunch of 6' x 4" x 1/2" rough cut pressure treated slats. That's the actual size of each slat.
Does anybody know where I can get that size stock - for a reasonable price? I tried a couple of local lumber yards and nobody carries anything that thin.
The longer story is this:
The company who manufactured my existing fence appears to be out of business. It was either "Four Guys Lumber" or "Five Guys Lumber" or "Four Guys Fencing" or "Five Guys Fencing" or something like that - it's been 20 or so years since I installed the fence.
When I bought the original fence from them, I ordered a bunch of extra slats to build a matching 2' fence to put along the back of SWMBO's garden which runs along the side of my driveway. I now need to extend that fence another 12'.
For the current project I need about 45 2' slats. I'd like to get a bunch of 6' or 8' slats so I can replace some broken slats on the original fence as well as cut them down into 2' slats for the garden.
Does anybody know of a source for this material?
I suppose another option is to rip and then resaw some wider and thicker boards, but obviously there would be a lot of waste. I'm also not sure about the best method to resaw the boards.
I have a 10" belt driven table saw and a 10" low-end band saw. The band will just allow 4" of stock to be resawed.
If I use the table saw, I'd have to resaw the boards "twice" since the blade won't extend 4" above the table. How unsafe would it be to try and resaw a bunch of 2' sections down to 1/2" using a "two pass" method?
If I wanted to use the band saw, what size blade should I use? I tried a old 1/2" 14-TPI blade on a 3/4" PT board ripped to 4" but it's so dull that the saw basically ground to a stop. The board was also wet, so that may have been part of the problem.
I'm open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks!
Maybe you can locate fence panels that have similar sized slats and you could break them down...
Home Depot and other places carry 1x PT stock that measures 3/4" thick. I'd think it would not be unreasonable to build the new sections with the slightly thicker material and rearrange long slats on the old fencing so that a less obvious section is done with new 1x stock.
...alternatively the rip/resaw route is an option though a bit of a challenge with your equipment. Got any buddies with a bigger bandsaw? If you could count on full penetration of the PT, staring with 6x6 stock wouldn't leave much waste.
That, or roll back time and get everything you need!

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Home Depot or Lowes...dog ear fence boards, 4" x .5
14 TPI is waaay too many...try 3-4 TPI, 1/2". Like this one... http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/woodslicer12resawbandsawblades138to166.aspx
--

dadiOH
____________________________

I've considered going with slats and may still if getting exact matches are a problem.
The dog eared slats at the HD near me are 5 1/2" wide and noticeably thicker than my slats. I couldn't find individual slats at Lowes.
Even if I was willing to live with the extra thickness, the dog ears are a bit of an issue.
The dog ears come in at least 1" from each side. If I rip the dog ears off completely, I'd be left with ~3 1/2" slats, when I really need 4" slats.
So what I'd need to do is rip them twice to get the 4" out of the center, then trim off what's left of the dog ear. That would leave me with just under 6', which would mean I'd get 3 slightly less than 2' slats from each board. It probably wouldn't be noticeable, but I haven't tried it yet.
I was actually going to grab a few slats from HD last night and give them a try but their selection was so crappy that I got pissed and left. It didn't look like they had enough good slats for me to do the whole project so I didn't bother grabbing a few to try. I drove over to Lowes to see what they had and they didn't have *any* individual slats in stock.
See here...This is what I need to extend. Since it's right next to my driveway, I'm pretty sure that the thicker slats are going to be noticeable. At least I know I'll notice them. ;-)
http://i40.tinypic.com/k0ocpt.jpg
Thanks for the link to the resaw blade. Unfortunately, I need a 72 5/8 blade for my old Craftsman 10" band saw. Sears has a 3 TPI blade on line for something like $90. I'm sure that I can get one made locally for a lot less than that.
On 12/04/11 5:27 PM, Highlighter wrote:
hmm...I'm not sure what's going on with my posts, but I sat down at another machine and posted replies to a few posts via Google Groups instead of my newsreader.
I have no clue where the nickname Highlighter came from but those posts are all from me, DerbyDad03, the OP.
Highlighter wrote:

Uhhh...cut them off. CROSScut them off. ______________________

So what's the problem? They have them in that size range.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Sorry, I pulled down the "Select Blade Length" drop down and only saw (no pun intended) 138 - 166 lengths and assumed that the site was for bigger machines.
I found the pages for the shorter lengths.
However, the page says this:
"Due to the blades' minimal set the WoodSlicer is not recommended for cutting green wood."
Wouldn't wet PT wood act just like green wood?
DerbyDad03 wrote:

1. Cherry pick it and find some that isn't all drippy
- OR -
2. Let it sit around a while.
- OR -
3. Cut it anyway.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

The Suffolk Machinery's TimberWolf blades have more set to the teeth than the Woodslicer. They also cut faster (but rougher).
http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/swedish-silicon-steel-prices /
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Around here Home Depot has 1" x 4" pressure treated fence boards that are actually only 5/8" x 3 1/2" in size. If you need to cut down wood use western red cedar as once you open up pressure treated wood you expose the untreated center portion and it won't last long. Neither will you if you breath the dust from cutting it.
If you don't need "exactly" 4"X.5", HD, Lowes and most lumber yards I've seen sell fence pickets about that size. I believe the actual width is 3.5" and I wouldn't be surprised if they are LESS than 1/2" thick.

Buy a fence panel and take it apart with a cat's paw.

Thanks...but they don't sell the style of fence that I have anymore.
It's over 20 years old and the manufacturer seems to be out of business.
On 12/06/11 12:07 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried a local lumber yard and their response was "Wow! That's really thin."
They suggested a local fence company but I haven't had time to head over there yet. (It's on the side of town I rarely have reason to go to.)
I'm sure that they are going to want to see a sample (as would I) before they can quote me a price.

Pressure treated... garden... Is this a vegtable garden? Leaching some nice heavy metals from the fence into the food might be a concern?

Flowers only...but thanks for caring!