Need some mobile bases..

Anybody know where to buy a Herc-U-Lift or some other brand of mobile base for stationary tools besides Amazon.com?
mapdude wrote:

Don't know about Herc-U-lift, but Woodworker's supply has HTC mobile bases: <http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM 7-400> They also haveShop Fox and possibly others (that was a 2 minute look)

I saw that Woodcraft has a mobile base on sale for $50--you cut a square of ply to fit your machine. Recently, I bought a Jet universal mobile base that can hold 600 lbs for $90--works great. Foxshop mobile bases had some negative comments posted at Amazon.
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:48:16 +0000, Phisherman wrote:

Since I work there, I may not be unbiased, but I've got two of those and plan to get more. I particularly like the foot pedals. They're a lot bigger than those on most other bases. Much easier on the feet.

Doesn't Home Depot sell those anymore? At least I bought 2 some time ago (Ridgid Herc-u-lift). One is still complete in its box. Do you want to come and pick it up for cost in NJ 07410?
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

So I'll ask for $49 for the one I have in the box, if picked up here in North Jersey. I have no idea what shipping would cost. Randolph is apparently not that far, but neither is it next doors.
--
Best regards
Han

If you go directly to the HTC site, you can get a list of dealers.
http://www.htcproductsinc.com /

Grizzly

I know there will be critics here, but it works fine for me, see below, before painting. Rolls arounf great on garage floor, and not too bad onto the lawn when needed. Bevel gauge used to establish the tilt angle against the steel legs, 1/4" hardware through legs, 3/8" bolts the wheels to the base boards.. 2 swivel wheels help it turn into the corner for storage. like a wheelbarrow. You can set them on a board to lift that end and rest on old leg stops, or tap a wedge in to lock wheels so saw won't swivel. Or wrap a small chain around them on the floor, it don't take much.
http://porchmonkey.250free.com/SawBase1.jpg
I made one for an 8" jointer by laminating 4 pieces of 3/4 plywood as a vertically oriented rib down the long axis beneath a double laminate of 3/4 ply and mounted 4 4" heavy duty locking castors beneath. It is rock solid and lag bolted to the base, hasn't bowed significabtly in 7-8 years and two moves. Tom