Need slow-drying glue.

I use white glue for gluing my projects. I prepare for the gluing operation (i.e. get everything ready before I begin) and I apply the glue quickly. But by the time I start assembling and clamping, the pieces don't want to fit together because the glue is half-dry.
I recall reading that white glue is slow-drying. Is there any good glue that is slower-drying than white glue?

Hide glue is the traditional slow drying glue. And when I say traditional, I mean it has been around for hundreds of years.
On Mon, 30 May 2005 19:32:30 -0400, "Billy Smith"

Titebond Extend or Titebond III
<http://www.titebond.com
Barry
Claims 15 minutes of open time. Think Elmer's.

Hide glue or UF. Titebond II Extend doesn't really extend your open time much.
Dave
Billy Smith wrote:

On Mon, 30 May 2005 19:32:30 -0400, "Billy Smith"

White glue is actually one of the faster-drying glues.
Liquid hide glue is slower setting, perhaps an hour of working time. It's available from Woodcraft and many hardware and lumberyards.
For even slower setting, you can use plastic resin glue. Dap makes one variety. It comes in powder form. you mix with water. Can have up to several hours of working time. It has to be clamped and left at least 12-24 hours to set. Many of these glues have a dark glue line that can be objectionable on light woods, however.
HTH,
Paul