Need plans for book ends

Hi, I'm looking for plans for a nice pair of book ends to hold all my woodworking books. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Jim Flinch

Make 'em outta wood? Tom Jim Flinch wrote:>Hi, I'm looking for plans for a nice pair of book ends to hold all my

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Yeah, cut your bait in uniform sized pieces.

Reply to
Leon

I made as set of nice ones that went like this. Two 8"x6"x3/4" One =

3"x6"x3/4" Five 3/8" dowel's 17" long. Now drill one of the 8x6's and = the 3x6 with a 3/8" bit 1/2 inch deep with corresponding hole's. Now = drill the other 8x6 at 7/16. detail all edges with a router. To put it = together glue the dowels into the 3/8" drilled 8x6 slip the other 8x6 = over the dowels without glue then glue the 3x6 on the other end of the = dowels. The center 8x6 will slide on the dowels to hold the books up = against the other 8x6. I hope this all makes sense. It makes a great = looking book rack. I used my scroll saw on the red oak one I made my = niece I cut out a treble cleft on both the larger pieces looked great. Puff
Reply to
Puff Griffis

These plans are for a small bookcase not bookends. I guess that you will have to buy some more books.

"A man without a wife is like a fish without a bicycle." unknown

Reply to
Dusty Workshop

Woodsmith Magazine Vol.25/No.145 Don't know if they have the plans on the website or not.

-- Stephen

Remove "not" from the address

The Woodshop

The Woodshop